don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    EDIT: Ninja'd by Neo.

Well, least they're listening to feedback. Though the alterations could be better or worse. The movie is coming out in November, so I doubt we'll see any major changes. We'll just have to wait and see.

2. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The movie itself, based on trailer, is still a generic Hollywood take on a fast hero, devoid of the charm the series is known for. Making Sonic's design closer won't fix that. Commendable that they plan to try, but it's going to be Sonic 4 Episode 1 levels of fixing at best.

3. You wait 6 years for the trailer (given the thread's origin date) and the old switcheroo happens after 48 hours.

Wow. Just, wow.

4. I don't think there's much you can do in less than half a year. Damage's done. Maybe they'll add gloves on him or something. lol

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I wonder how much more they'll do than, I dunno, giving him gloves and removing some fur between the eyes? Guess we'll see.

6. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    if the complaint is "he looks like a creepy fucked up alien", giving him the monoeye is just going to make things worse. this is going to be insane no matter what

7. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Can I join you? :v:

8. lupinsmask

lupinsmask

If they truly care about making Sonic the best he can be in a movie then drop all of your current plans, let marza work their proper magic (like Night of the Werehog) and make movie exclusive characters that Jim Carrey/Ben Schwartz can voice (Carrey would work as Dr. Warpnik).

9. Hey Jeff, just do this.

[​IMG]

10. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    A change in design six months before release? Gee, this whole franchise is cursed to have development disasters. Not only in the main video games :(

Honestly, I don't feel sympathy for them at all. That design shouldn't have even left the drawing board.

11. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
  12. Tanks

Tanks

Hahaha fuck. WOW.

I highly doubt they're starting from scratch on this though. Not this late in the game. I'm sure they had a more traditional design in the works. Maybe even kept developing it as a nucleaer option.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I'm glad they're "listening", but I still doubt it'll save the film's box office numbers even if they give it a GOOD design.

I'm mostly going to see it for Dr. Carreybotnik.

Edit: And because I'm a tool for abuse with this franchise.

14. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I love the look on his face. "PARAMOUNT! That is NOT what I look like!"

15. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Hm, they say they can change his movie design despite the film being in what would be post-production.....Are they blowing smoke up my ass? It really feels like they are blowing smoke up my ass.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see if we get a new trailer with a different/improved/not horrific design.

16. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I have absolutely no faith in any of this lmao

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Absolutely lol.

Oh and thank God about the design change. Delay the movie if you have to whatever it takes.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just watch as they add the white stripe to Sonic's shoes and call it a day.

19. Retroman

Retroman

I like the image thats Sonic Unleashed cutscene styled. Cant link it because my phone adds it as a clipboard

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Fixing the fucking teeth and making his stomach and arms the right color even would go a long way imo.