don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I dunno. Robotnik is a mad scientist. Jim Carrey can do mad and scientist. Seems like a no-brainer :v:

2. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    The trailer is really cool! The main issue at hand is that most of you guys are such ungrateful brats.

This forum doesn't seem to be a safe place to read stuff, never has. I'm avoiding it now and so should everyone else... unless you're still totally brainwashed by Sonic Mania like they are.

3. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I guess we should be grateful at Paramount for making a shitty cash grab adaptation of a franchise we care about.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ummm... What?

We're allowed not to like something, and it's not even just diehard fans that are grossed out by certain aspects. The trailer currently has almost double the amount of dislikes to likes on YouTube. And what are we supposed to be grateful for exactly? This movie could have never existed and I'd of been fine with that.

Also who are you referring to when you say "they?" The forum itself?

5. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    So Paul Rudd didn't happen after all... Whatever. But I gotta say, my opinion has changed following this trailer, and I am really not sure why.
    In short, I just have no interest in giving this film any attention. Am I alone in this sentiment? Who's gonna go see it?

The only thing I'm liking so far, though I've got a lingering fear that we saw ALL of Carrey's funny moments in the trailer, and the rest of his screentime will either be meh, or cringe.

6. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    I guess I'll have to, since I'm a Sonic fan and all...
    But I'm sure as hell not paying for it.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    https://twitter.com/NaotoOhshima/status/1124020496260063239

Naoto Ohshima took a crack at drawing movie Sonic.

He's worried lol

8. MastaSys

MastaSys

Not feeling it. Instead of an actor adapting to the character it's the character changed for the actor.It's not selling Jim Carrey as Eggman, it's just selling Jim Carrey.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'll never forgive that this movie is making me appreciate the Alvin & the Chipmunks CG designs.

[​IMG][​IMG]

They look good next to Sonic, what's going on.

10. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I mean, I among many others here are fans also. Not sure why that's a qualifier.

Just... I don't even hate what we've been shown. I feel like I've gone so far past hate into pure indifference. I'd rather play Shadow the Hedgehog for two hours than watch this.

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yes that's what I'm saying. We haven't seen Jim Carrey in a while.

12. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    When I was around 11 years old, I decided I'll check out everything Sonic related and i don't intend to break this promise, even for a shitty live action adaptation :v:/>

13. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    If Eggman has a scene breaking down why we don't exist, and it leads to his transformation into REAL Eggman, seen at the end of the trailer, this movie will find redemption in my eyes.

OK. Good for you I suppose... Some of us are Sonic fans and will see this. Some are fans and won't. There is no point here.

14. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    What better person to fill the role of a scientist character than someone with a history of anti-vax rhetoric in the midst of a national measles outbreak.

15. Or, if the movie seems interesting to you at all you just go watch it....like anyone normally would.

In general if people aren't happy with what they see now and still don't find it interesting when the movie releases, then they shouldn't spend their money on it. But if you have any desire to see the movie, then go pay the people who worked on it and deserve it.

16. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Honestly, I think I'm less bummed about the movie being a thing, and more that we're probably not gonna hear the end of it for quite some time on social media and other sites. We did know this movie was gonna be a thing for quite some time, and honestly, I expected worse. What we got isn't good, but I was expecting far, far worse. I do have to wonder though is it possible to make some fixes within the 7 months. I don't expect anything huge like replacing the model altogether or fixing the limbs, but smaller stuff like making the mouth less realisitic. I can tolerate the limbs to an extent (thanks to fanart. :P), but the face is what bugs me the most. I doubt they'll actually do it, but who knows?

I did remember that originally Sony Pictures was gonna make this, but decided to give it to Paramount instead. Can't help but think that if Sony kept making this, Sonic probably would've looked a lot more like his official design. The movie probably would've been boring, but least Sonic would look like Sonic. By the way, is Marza Animation Planet still working on this movie?

Considering Sonic Team's negative reaction to Big Red Button's early pitches of Sonic's redesigns in Sonic Boom, I can't imagine them being OK with what we got now. If they had little to no control over this entire thing, I feel somewhat bad for them. Could be totally wrong, but then again, Toriyama and Shueisha had no control over Dragon Ball Evolution. Looks like the Official Sonic Twitter has only retweeted about the movie rather than tweet about it themselves. Probably doesn't mean anything though.

I try to be a bit optimistic with the whole “Popular game franchises having at least one bad movie” thing, but it's 2019, and we got Dectective Pikachu and that new Mario movie being made by the guys worked on Minions, so it just doesn't make sense for the Sonic movie to go in this direction. Well, least when it comes to cartoons and comics, Sonic overall has done a pretty good job in those fields. Least the action looks like it could be interesting and I'm cool with Jim Carrey as Eggman. I'll probably just wait till it pops up on Netflix or something though. I still doubt it's gonna break even, but it's definitely gonna make some money, especially from kids and those who want to see it because it how bad it looks.

Guess we should expect a lot of people do their own interpretation of Movie Sonic's design. Willing to bet some are gonna draw him more human-like at least from the neck down and people (mainly furries) are gonna love it. :V

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea but I want to see this movie for all the wrong reasons :v: I don't want to reward anyone for this because I don't want them to get the idea that what they did was a good thing because it's not.

18. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Can already see this movie being added to the list "Sonic has had a rough history" cases in videos and reviews in the years to come. OH BOY.

Out of curiosity, is there any Sonic community out there that is in the "Loving the trailer and doesn't care for Mania" camp? You post as if Retro is the anomaly, but I don't feel like the opinion here differs much from what I've seen on Twitter and Reddit. I could be dead wrong though. :v:

19. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    He's obviously being facetious

20. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Surprised this hasn't been posted yet: https://twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832

They were confident in their design for all of 48 hours