don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Turbohog

Turbohog

Ugh. This doesn't even look like a "so bad it's funny" movie. I don't think I even want to pirate this.

Also wtf @ the lightning shit.

2. The progression of Robotnik's appearance alone has me interested enough to see it.

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    A Sonic Man movie would be amazing.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    So I showed my coworker. He says "they did mess him up a bit but that looks cool. I'd watch it".

I just put in my 2 weeks notice.

5. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    How anyone could watch this besides via camrip is beyond me. You've seen this exact movie a million times before, anyways. There's no point.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Idk I plan on seeing this stoned out of my mind lol

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Exactly - it wasn't late enough.

In the other direction, there's the updating of Jabba the Hut's model between the Star Wars special editions and the DVDs - proof that you can swap out a 3D model for a less ugly one, but I just find it interesting that no big movie studio has had a crisis of confidence and felt the need to drastically replace the animation pre-launch in 30 years of producing these things. It's impressive.

Because they should totally have a crisis of confidence with this thing.

8. It's like... a real bad car wreck. Yeah, it's awful, there's some bloody bodies and debris everywhere, but everyone just has to rubberneck.

Even dumpster fires keep people warm, y'know?

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Only the people who scavenge bins.

10. Well, this November... I'm putting on my scavenging hat. :P

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    We should all just buy tickets for another movie and just head into the Sonic movie regardless. That way we can see the dumpster fire in theaters and some other, better movie can get our money :v:

12. While I don't condone "stealing", I'd be a hypocrite, since I smuggle my own candy instead of buying concession. :P

13. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Well there it is. Target audience found. :v:

Ya did the right thing.

14. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    My brother showed his 4 year old son the trailer. His words: "That's not Sonic."

Uncle pride at maximum.

15. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Maybe we should plan a demonstration with banners saying "Not my Sonic" - plus #NotMySonic *bricked*

But anyway, any theories on how - what I assume to be some sort of "Sonic Boom" - could cause such US-wide power blackout (other than "plot-power')? Currently it doesn't make any sense.

Especially when there's literally nothing in the area [other than the minor telegraph poles along the road] to short out the entire power grid![​IMG]

*edit* I wonder if that could be a further confirmation Sonic's "power" is what causes an electromagnetic pulse powerful enough to do that?

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    We do see Robotnik receiving a shock when he takes a nibble on one of the quills.

Alternately, this isn't the event that knocks out the power grids.

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Everyone who knows I'm an oldschool Sonic fan keeps asking me about this.

And I keep telling them, "I never wanted this movie. It's going to bomb."

It's just sad. We get Mania, and then we get this?

Come on, guys.

18. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    For the lulz, I decided to show the trailer to my parents who actually know basically NOTHING about Sonic except for what he's supposed to look like.

Even them thought it was bad, going to be bad, and should NOT be paid for to be seen! Heck, they even think it won't stay long at all in theaters.

My mom even said this: "Is that supposed to be Sonic? Why is he so ugly?!"

19. This is a bit silly, but some guy named TheMentok on Youtube made a Gansta's Paradise AMV with Sonic back in 2007, and he edited the description and one of his pinned comments to look like he predicted the future. Somehow, this 12 year old video gained enough attention to pop up in my recommendations. lol

20. MartiusR

MartiusR

Meh, I've thought it initially and didn't change my mind after trailer - choosing Jim Carrey as dr Eggman/Robotnik is utter misunderstanding. Actor completely not fitting to the character. IMO even the fact that I personally consider Carrey as overrated actor doesn't change here too much.

(disclaimer - not mentioning about Sonic appearence, because everyone already mentioned it (and commented properly) - no need to re-state the obvious ;))