don't click here

SEGA HEROES Android/IOS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Frozen, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Frozen

Frozen

Italy, Rome
    https://sonicworldcollectors.wordpress.com/ cover database
    Im wonderin why nobody talk about this game, it's... Awesome! I love this kind of games, and Sega Heroes fuse the genere with the Sega universe. Well there is no much to talking about this game, since it's a pay 2 win mostly and farming characters take endless time. But well, they reward you if you get some legendary character(like tris flame or db joe) with a pin set!

Anyway, anyone is into this game and want release a Tier list of characters? Actually i think my best team is Yellow Tails/Onishima, Blue Sonic, Red Shadow/lassic and Green Big the cat. Because Whale. OFC.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Looks like the coolest crossover with the lamest gameplay. Reminds me of so many video game-branded pachinkos.

I thought those were only sent last year to selected people who would help promote the game.

...Which is a shame because I'd spend more money on those than in this game.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Isn't this that game everybody thought was a hoax years ago?

4. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I started playing it mostly out of curiosity. Knowing that it is a mobile game, you have to adjust (lower?) your expectations accordingly. I got a few good laughs at the campaign story trying to flesh out more character personality traits between them all.

5. Frozen

Frozen

Italy, Rome
    Well, i just tested the game before official release and got trist/las beforethat, so i don't know who are able to get the pin set. For sure i never get that, when i have order mine, they was out of stock :argh:

6. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    They just added guilds, which are chat groups. I started one for Sonic Retro, which is simply named "Sonic Retro". Currently it is open and has no level requirement, but I can change that later if needed.
    EDIT: Some elaboration now that I'm home from work. There will be Guild Events in the future, which might involve members running a dungeon en masse, or it could be PvP. Whatever the case, if you want to participate in these, you need to join a Guild.

Also it looks like there are tremendous buffs for Guild-related activities, because DAMN

7. Frozen

Frozen

Italy, Rome
    oh god the buff... well I'm on one of these top guilds... how many members you got so far tech?

8. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    So they recently had a survey where you could vote for three characters from all of Sega's history to be added to this mobage.

The survey was very surprisingly in-depth, so I made a rough job of saving the list of characters by screenshotting it all and dumping it in a Neocities page.

https://papadripopoulos.neocities.org/sega.html

They even list the skull from the Pirate TV ads. It's a bit bonkers, really.

9. Pengi

Pengi

The survey is here, for anyone who's interested: https://heroesrequests.sega.com/s3/SEGA-Heroes-character-requests

Show Fang the Sniper and Burning Rangers some love. (Even Honey the Cat from Sonic the Fighters is there.)

10. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I don't play, but I totally voted for Pengo, Hatsune Miku, and Seaman rofl

11. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    I don't even play it but I voted for Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts :p

12. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I voted for Altered Beast, Gunstar Heroes, and Alex Kidd. I wanted to select so many others, though, hnnngh

Right now the guild only has like, 4 people. We totally could use more! The first guild event just wrapped up, with Cream being made OP, and extra prizes were passed out to guilds for their combined performance. We got rank uh... 152? And I did most of the heavy lifting.

The game is getting much more popular now, it seems. The latest new character quest just shook everything...
    For context, when a new character is added to the game, there is a quest event, where progress goes onto a leaderboard, and the top players get better prizes. For "Legendary" (highest tier, premium) characters, it's the top 50 that win the character, and I generally place somewhere in the top 100.
    The new character is Selvaria Bles, from Valkyria Chronicles.
    The leaderboard was so vicious, Sega actually adjusted the prizes, so that the top 250 players would get her.
    I ranked around 301. People really wanted their sword waifu, it seems.

13. So I dig that Sega's acknowledging their amazing roster of characters, but the artstyle for this game is really odd; I don't think I like it. The gameplay doesn't speak to me, but I hear that this style of game's decently popular so it's whatever. I joined the Sonic Retro group ingame and play off and on, but the progression in the early game is v. slow and at times it feels more like I'm doing daily chores than playing a game for fun.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Cellphone "casual" games in a nutshell (cutout art style included). Plus, pay to advance faster.

15. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Yeah, the progression can be slow. It can be quickened with IAP if you feel like spending moolahs, but there were some very early events that did make things move a bit faster.

Also, all the event quests now have a guild aspect to them, and it is now the only way to get Tier 2 Skill Stones. So uh, join the Sonic Retro guild to get them? I've been pushing my weight enough that we've been getting them.

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I just started playing and it's horribly grindy. See you at rank 18 though.

17. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    First few weeks I felt like I was progressing well enough, then you hit the middle where everything suddenly feels grindy and slow, and I've been battling this for however long now, slowly getting stronger every ... week.

I only stick with this because it's sega lol

18. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    So I've actually hit the level cap in the game.
    All the levels are 3-star'd.
    The only achievement left is to get 2000 total Arena wins, and I need another 550ish.

As a result I'm not sinking any more money into the game (I did do the monthly booster thing, which gave you a lot of stuff for cheap), and after I get that last achievement I'll probably quit the game and make Diablohead the owner of the Sonic Retro guild.

I wish there was some more substance to the endgame. The last story level just has everyone shrugging, you never actually battle the Big Bad... meeeeeeh.

Also, one of the things I wanted from that character vote poll? We actually got them! Altered Beast rises from its grave. And before that was the cast of Shenmue. And up next is... Chu Chu Rocket?

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Do a Sega Retro write up when it comes back. Also a title screen screenshot.

20. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Well, I would have made DiabloHead the owner of the guild, but he up and left for some other guild. Man, the guilds aspect is kind of crap, it's hard to bring people in and keep them in the guild, except for a select few guilds that are always at max capacity and dominate all the leaderboards. Eeeeghh.