don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I think you answered your own question.

2. Pengi

Pengi

Info on all 14 Wisps: http://sonicjpnews.blogspot.com/2019/04/tsrs-wisp-abilities-revealed.html

3. http://youtu.be/8uvjjUSpJNE

Part 2 is here.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Fucking fantastic as always. Damn how are you so good Tyson Hesse?

5. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I see we're trying to have our own Surprised Pikachu meme image with Eggman.

Shadow being a jerk and getting jobbed really accentuates his Vegeta.

Didn't recognize the track used for Rouge calling Omega. What is it?

All around a good chuckle for my lunch break. Solid work.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    That was my favorite part.

All around it was a great short. Nailed everyone's personalities.

7. Yoritoshi

Yoritoshi

São Paulo
    Cosmic Boll
    The antics with Rouge and Omega felt too similar to the ones with Amy and Big from the previous episode, but it was an amusing watch nonetheless.

8. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Another solid episode. Shadow not giving a shit worked well. Omega being a fool was a strange choice but it worked. Rouge being a damsel in distress only to get shafted by incompetence and apathy was hilarious and does well to highlight the need to work as a team.

9. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    TOP WORK AS ALWAYS!
    Rewatching the shit out of each of these episodes. There can never be too many!

I'm wondering the same thing. Not sure if Omega got a theme in any of the spinoffs/Olympic titles? Or maybe a remix of one of the various Cutscene themes from Heroes to 06? I should stop being lazy and start comparing...

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    In all my 20+ years on the internet, this is the one thing (Episode 2) that has brought me the most joy.

The facial expressions were fucking amazing.

11. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    So. Much. Music. Plus a lot of interesting moments, like Shadow vs. Knuckles or Omega the Anti-Big. The mixture of jokes and advertising works wonders (ha!). Eggman is an absolute douchebag, I keep forgetting there will be a story mode.

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I love the Egg Pawn in the very last shot. Probably my favourite part of the whole video.

13. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    All around a wonderful episode. Loved the punk rock drums for Knuckles' and Rouge's themes.

The whole thing made me smile with giddiness much more than I expected. Hats off to Hesse and co.!

14. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I loved the remixes they had (I'm guessing those will in game?)! It was interesting though that they remixed Security Hall instead of Fly in the Freedom as Rouge's theme.

15. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I think maybe because Security Hall is just such a catchy tune that still encompasses the character of Rouge and definitely one that players would have heard more in SA2, whereas Fly in the Freedom is a bit more passive and I don't think you really get the hear the main part of that tune in-game unless you go into the sound test.

Meanwhile, the other character themes have distinct recognisable melodies that play almost as soon as their song kicks in so those would have been remembered in the SA2 cutscenes a lot more.

This is just my take on it anyway. I could be dead wrong :v:

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Agreed. Her main theme is relatively low energy. Security Hall has a nice Lupin III vibe going, which works well for fleeing a scene after causing a ruckus.

17. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    In other news, this game has brought us actual honest to god Chao merchandise, so I'm over the moon: https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1121831071589421056

[​IMG]

They are hiding a freaking bomb behind their back, that is amazing

Also the Chao taking on dark colors after Shadow stole his popcorn is such a nice little nod

18. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Chao Garden INTENSIFIES

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    But seriously though. This game and the Adventure themes? Sega rehiring the SA field designer. Mania being a retro revival superstar. Chao at all? This cannot be a coincidence. They must have something up their sleeves.

20. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I just watched both parts of Team Sonic Racing Overdrive and man the second part made me laugh my ass off! xD My girlfriend enjoyed both parts as well. :)