don't click here

Sonic 06 PC Remake

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by S0LV0, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    There's actually someone recreating Unleashed in Unity, but their development is pretty slow. Not too sure how accurate it's physics are either, as I don't think they've released a demo yet.

2. Felik

Felik

Why did you have to say that?
    Now I want it so bad :(

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvevd5AhCcI

Nothing new, but the description has a small update:
    Good luck Mefiresu, and thank you for all you've done for the project Gistix.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    https://twitter.com/sonicnext_pc/status/1032191445518696449

Huh, funny no one has posted yet.

These guys are bringing a new demo to SAGE this year, we are getting a demo of crisis city!

5. Planning on playing this on the Pre-Show this Friday (on the SAGE YouTube, starting at 8PM CDT plug plug plug,) and the amount of little details that go into this game blow my mind. If they see this through, it really will be the definitive version of Sonic '06.

The little I played feels like what was intended for Crisis City buuuuut it's tricky... excited to play more in a couple days!

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Another twitter teaser:
    https://twitter.com/sonicnext_pc/status/1032976299445432320

They say they upped the difficulty.

7. Xinus

Xinus

So this is like the 3rd demo now. wouldn't it be easier if they combined all three demos into a single big thing? having 3 separate versions to play individual stages is kind of annoying. but still the fact that this exists is amazing.

8. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I don't think they're saying they made it harder, just that it's a hard level and will be harder for people that haven't played the game.

But y'know I kinda wish they'd made it, uh, better instead

9. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Holy shit. Either this version is somehow worse than the original or it always was this broken. I kept dying at the first skating jump, then got stuck in a wall a couple of times, then the usual shitty deaths when you try and do anything on the grind rails.

It looks pretty graphically and is really smooth...but I doubt I'll bother playing again unless they remove the...."06iness" from it.

10. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    if it's just as bad as 06 on the 360, I'll have no reason to download the PC remake.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Guys gotta remember, the team's goal is to get 2006 ported and bugfixed first then make improvements and modifications later on. getting the game on PC in it's entirety is the biggest step here.

An impressive run of the SAGE 2018 demo by Darkspinesonic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhas85hd5Ow

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Like the snowboarding section looks like it controls a lot differently than it did in 06, where it was overly stiff and rigid. I don't know how to describe this one but it definitely looks different.

After the snowboard section it seems fine for the most part.

13. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

It was good to see this project still going at SAGE this year. The game looks beautiful. Very nice visuals.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://youtu.be/VNLvefiZ4rg
    Wait so I'm seriously confused here. is this the same project that's been going on for years now? is this a new one? I'm really lost.

15. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA
    From what I can gather, the person who is making this P-06 (ChaosX) borrowed some of the engine used for the PC remake with permission to basically "fix" Sonic 06's issues and take some of his own creative liberties.
    In other words, P-06 is trying to "fix" Sonic 06, while this thread is discussing a fan-made PC port, essentially.

16. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    P-06 runs parallel to Sonic NEXT.
    P-06 is meant as a "remastering", adding stuff to the game that was not originally there (like gems in the levels, the Shield power-up, Silver not sucking, etc.) and basically making improvements. Only bad thing about the current demo is it's horribly un-optimized, so while I can play the Crisis City demo at 720p ok, I can't do so with this demo even with the graphics turned down all the way.