don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Pengi

Pengi

https://www.gamesradar.com/team-sonic-racing-preview-takashi-iizuka-interview/

An article from last week, with some commentary from Iizuka.

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTavayt8xo

3. almeda

almeda

you are now watching madTV. Member
    I didn't notice that before omg. It'd be strange if they got rid of the team stuff for the mobile game, but it'll still be interesting to see what it'd be like without it. I'm also interested in seeing the differences between the mobile and the console versions. Maybe Apple Arcade will be worth it.

A lot of people have been underwhelmed by the lack of characters, but regardless I'm still hyped for this game. I have a lot of memories with the Sonic Racing series so I'm excited to see a new game for new consoles! I hope they bring more characters as a DLC or some sorts though, and more stages too (not to say that I don't like the stages, if anything they look really interesting, but a large amount of stages with different gimmicks and all is always great).

4. Nova

Nova

Only just seen that update video, TORIENA is wonderful

That Bingo Highway remix is still the highlight for me I think, but the whole package is sounding really good. I might have to go for the soundtrack myself.

5. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    [​IMG]

*Joins the pre-ordered club*

Yeah, really digging the music we've heard so far. Hopefully the full soundtrack can match the brilliance of Mania's.

As for the game itself, I'm gonna wait nearer to launch before I decide if I'm gonna buy it.

6. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Sega Europe strikes again. Steam release of TSR has Denuvo DRM.

At least if Mania and Yazuka are of any indication, maybe they'll take it out of the Steam release a couple of years later? lol

7. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Very strange to include Denuvo in such a major release after back pedalling on Mania and Yakuza. Wonder what's going on here.

8. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I think the idea is to curb piracy in the initial sales period. Supposedly something like 30 percent of a games sales happen within the first couple months of a game's release.* That's the thinking, anyway.

*Completely unverified

9. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    While that's a noble sentiment, Denuvo's horrible reputation is likely to curb legitimate sales.

10. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    To be clear on my stance, I'm with you on that 100%.

11. http://youtu.be/1r3rNN9uzQ0

Want some Jazz?

12. I keep seeing Sonic Adventure Music Experience listed in these songs. I wonder if this is a way to get the old SA band back together? (Kenichi Tokoi is off doing other stuff for Sega and Fumie Kumatani hasn't worked at Sega for like a decade.)

13. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Would you guys like to see another trailer before the game release, or is it just me?
    I dunno, the soundtrack is nice and all, but I really think we need more gameplay.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yup I'd love to see more gameplay. Like compare this PR push to say CTR: Nitro Fueled. Tons of footage both from the producers of the game and from the show floor. You have a solid idea of what to expect on the gameplay front. This game? 90% of the material we've received is related to the soundtrack which is great but still. The lack of footage concerns me, especially because I don't think we've seen much footage of the game since it was delayed (besides like snippets from trailers).

CTR: Nitro Fueled is like a day one purchase for me. This? Might put it on the back burner until I know what's up. Also I'm concerned when it comes to performance. If this game wasn't doing so hot on the PS4/Xbox One what the hell is it going to be like on the Switch? I expect CTR will be downgraded a tad but otherwise fine on the Switch, but if this game is anything like Forces or ASRT on the Wii U I don't expect good things from the downgraded version. Maybe I'll just get this on the PS4, I don't have a good multiplayer game for that system anyway.

15. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well one positive thing is that it has been quite a good turnaround from say, last year, to post-SXSW where the game looks much improved (from the delay) and then the continued stream of decent music. For me it went from "not going to bother at all" to "actually might check this out" since SXSW.

Not sure about everyone else but I'm somewhat more interested. Game is seemingly much better now.

16. ^This.

Also, we might get a new a trailer along with Part 2 of Team Sonic Racing Overdrive short? I think that's a good opportunity.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0pmD-xhbNU&feature=youtu.be

It's a Christmas Miracle, they finally let someone post some actual gameplay of the game.

No idea who the hell this guy is though.

18. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    They substitute Cream for Chao(s)? That makes no sense.

They also felt they needed to include the red and black 'bad guy' whose name I don't know, which just goes to show I never bothered to play Lost World even once... Oh wait I had to watch the video for it. It's Zavok. Haha not even kidding here so I'll just include this sentence as I'm typing this.

I don't like the aesthetic of this and the forced multiplayer dynamic of it is also off-putting. Oh well, I'll always have ASRT on my Steam.

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It's OK, we're old. I really don't recognize channels with more than 5 million subs these days.

Good to see some fun shortcuts. The ring system being like the Mario Kart coin system, but more punishing, should be interesting.

Overall, it's what I expected: car segments of SASRT but some co-op catch-up powers. I don't know why they were so afraid to show it in action over the last few months. I know it was delayed, but the silence was deafening against CTR building hype.