don't click here

Sonic X Licensed by Discotek Media

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mendinso, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Oh if we're talking about whether the original show is actually any good, I feel like that's a whole seperate discussion. I'm just of the camp where I'd like to at see the least-worst version of it available.

Like buying the GCN version of Shadow the Hedgehog over the PS2 port. :v:

2. Turbohog

Turbohog

I might actually get the Blu-Ray. I didn't love the show, but I'm a sucker for definitive releases and this is probably about the best we'll ever get.

3. The Claw

The Claw

I hope so. The SDBD costs significantly less than the DVDs.

It improves somewhat. A few characters sound different in very early episodes.

4. almeda

almeda

you are now watching madTV. Member
    I might sound like a stan or a fanboy, but I LOVE this show, especially the second and third season (I still wish they did a fourth season lol). I might buy the new release if it's any better than watching it all on YouTube.

As for the 4Kids version, I hated how they edited the music and sound effects and other unnecessary things, but I can still enjoy it. Still though, I'd love a proper Sonic X re-dub with the original music and all.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Only way were gonna get a proper redub is through fan efforts unfortunately, same with the OVA. SEGA is pretty much 1 and done with these kind of things.

I gotta say though that this is the pretty much definitive release of english Sonic X, even though it doesn't deserve it Brady and his team at Discotek put soo much effort into this it's crazy.

Hopefully we can see that again 1 day with a japanese version release.

6. Pengi

Pengi

Unrelated to this particular release, but since we're talking about Sonic X in general, here's a model sheet of the Blue Typhoon, from a Sonic X staff member.

https://twitter.com/kouryoukan/status/1115852281503715330

7. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    personally, I'm happy we're getting the pilot episode with all of this.

8. Pengi

Pengi

Yasuhiro Moriki has posted a lot more mecha model sheets this past week: https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=%E3%82%BD%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%20from%3Akouryoukan

9. Turbohog

Turbohog

Quite a bump, but I just want to say that I would advise others to not buy this if they want the best quality release. The episodes on this all include shitty TV Y-7 boxes as if they were being broadcast on TV. Discotek claimed there was no way around this. This is clearly not true as Netflix now has the first two seasons without any such compromises. Wish I could return the blu-ray.

Edit: Maybe I was a bit harsh on Discotek as it looks like every other release of Sonic X, prior to Netflix, has suffered from this same problem. Still disappointing that whoever owns Sonic X did not provide them with a better copy.

10. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I had the VHS tape of the first volume (episodes 1-3, and then randomly 27 - I think it was a promotional deal or something, like the tape came out before the episode aired) and the Y7 logos were there. Guessing those were just 4Kids' masters.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List