don't click here

Sega Fes 2019 set for March 30 and 31 in Japan

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by 360, Jan 25, 2019.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    [​IMG]

Source: https://gematsu.com/2019/01/sega-fes-2019-set-for-march-30-to-31

So last year we thought nothing of note was going to happen - and then it turned out to be Sega's biggest event in recent memory with some megaton announcements like the Megadrive mini and Shenmue HD. Is it finally time for Virtua Fighter 6? Will something Jet Set Radio related be announced given they name checked it last year?

We'll find out soon. Hopefully Sega will attempt to equal last year which is the closest they've come to having their own E3 conference in over a decade. Engage hype thrusters.

2. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well this thread is on fire, lol. Guess we're quite far out so those hype thrusters are on pause for now.

Just a heads up but there has been some Jet Set Radio related rumblings and movement as of recently - and as I said it did place very highly in Sega's popularity poll last year so Sega are aware of the demand. I think in a universe where we have sequels to much-loved previously dormant Sega legacy IPs anything is possible. Ports of JSR and JSRF at the minimum if not an entirely new game.

No chance in hell it'll be done by a Sega internal studio however. It'll be an external studio/Western developer (Wonder Boy revivals, Streets of Rage 4, Panzer Dragoon Remakes etc.).

3. Yuzu

Yuzu

Really interested in potentially more Sega Ages announcements.

It would also be nice to get more information on the Genesis Classic, and maybe even some gameplay.

4. Xilla

Xilla

News on Shin Yakuza has been thin on the ground hasn't it? Would be nice if something gets shown.

5. Yuzu

Yuzu

I have a weird feeling that it entered development hell, and that Judgment/Judge Eyes is the new direction the series has taken.

I would like to be proven wrong though.

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Someone involved with the series recently gave the traditional "Please look forward to x game" line with regards to Shin Yakuza in an interview, so hopefully it's still on track.

My fingers are crossed for:
    • Shin Yakuza trailer
    • Rest of SEGA AGES Lineup
    • Sakura Wars footage
    • A teaser with in-engine footage for the Panzer Dragoon remake
    • Release date + western confirmation for the Virtual-On trilogy
    • And for the "pie in the sky" wildcard, seeing something happen with Shining Force would be great.
    Anything past that is gravy!

7. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I'm hoping for Sakura Wars news as well. Also keeping my fingers crossed for a port of the older games, preferably with a US release, but that's wishful thinking on my part.

More wishful thinking: super surprise Panzer Dragoon Saga port/remake. + - One can dream...  

8. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    We might be in for some megatons guys. According to ResetEra Sega has flown their entire Western PR team to Japan for this event.

9. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Sonic Adventure 3 or nothing :colbert:

10. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Event is about 12 hours from now. Sega Europe is also hyping this up on Twitter. Potential big news incoming. Love these events. It's like Sega's E3.

11. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
  12. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Hopefully they'll announce a release date for the Mega-Drive mini and for Sonic 2 SEGA Ages.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Aaron and people at the Sonic Pillar in LA did a stream yesterday at 2pm PDT, so either it's not everyone, or ResetEra isn't a reliable source.

14. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
  15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Isn't it just another internet forum? I find it kind of weird that it gets cited so much over here.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    A couple of members have something of an obsession with it. =P

Please direct Mega Drive Mini chat over here: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=37937