don't click here

RAGE (Really Amateur Games Expo) 2019

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Neo Hazard, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Oh boy it's time to make bad fan games again. Your theme is...

[​IMG]
    This.

Seriously, how could it not be the Sonic movie? Fueled by speculation, a few leaks, a whole lot of “oh god is that really what they're going with,” the Sonic movie has another 10 months to hopefully prove it's worth something. Until then, the weird social media stunts, unsettling silhouettes, and bizarre promotional material are primed and ready for the REALLY AMATEUR GAMES EXPO 2019!​

So here's the lowdown of guidelines, per usual:​
    • Games need to stick to the theme, this is the most important requirement to note.
    • Submissions need to be in by 11:59 pm Central on Thursday,January 24th.​
    • Send all RAGE submissions to [email protected].​
    • Games should only be 5 – 10 minutes long andeasily/quickly completed.​
    • We want to stress the above more than ever. This year, due to the number of entries, if we reach that your game is taking to long to finish, we will drop it and move onto the next.
    • Feel free to use any engine/platform/program you like,just make sure it'll run on modern day systems!​
    • If you don't have something on hand, there's trials of several commonly used programs, as well as free versions. Less experience might even help you here!​
    • Have fun with it! Sure you're shooting for bad, but you're wanting to make funny bad, like The Room or Birdemic of video games. (In other words, you're aiming for humor, not just garbage.)​
    We've come to a consensus that after two years, Jeff Bezos has enough damn money. So instead, this year, the winner will choose:​

A $50 Steam/eShop/PSN/Xbox Marketplace card!*

As always, the SAGExpo YouTube channel will play host to the RAGE 2019 livestream on January 25th at 7:00 PM Central. Make sure to subscribe so you don't miss it! Shortly thereafter, this year's pack of games will go live so you can try them for yourself, with the winner being announced sometime in the following week. Give us your best and we'll see you then!​

*Or your country's equivalent to $50 USD, should the winnerbe outside of the United States.

2. Don't forget! RAGE submissions are due TONIGHT at 11:59 pm Central!

3. Yuzu

Yuzu

Some really great and hilarious entries this year. Thanks to everyone who entered, and to the team behind the stream: I really enjoyed watching it and will definitely participate in RAGE 2020.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmpa52O_rkc

Vinny from Vinesauce played through a good chunk of these games. It's fun seeing him descend into madness lol.

5. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    DAMN. I was really thinking we had a shot!! It was Sonic: The Movie: Great Value: Early Access that was having me quaking in my boots - between last year's Sonic Suggests and this, everything this person makes just oozes the feeling of someone who is very professional very professionally creating the most polished, most turdest turds. I hope you can tell I'm not being a sore loser - I thought they'd beat us because I loved it so much.

But I ALSO love the curveball winner you went with! Reading your explanation of why you picked it gave me warm fuzzies. The readings of that were so fun, and I was so happy to be around for the RAGE 2019 livestream.

Participating in RAGE has been a long time bucket list item for me and making a game was hella fun.

(but if you're talking about the game outside this forum I had nothing to do with it that was totally all Melpontro did you read the credits or not)

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    (For future reference: the winner announcement post is here: http://sonicretro.org/2019/02/rage-2019-livestream-vod-game-pack-download-and-the-winner/)