don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    The more I look at Sonic, the more I think of Rocket Raccoon, so now I picture Movie Sonic holding guns and cussing every time I see the poster. :v:

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    They're setting up for the sequel, starring Shadow.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Oh god do you think that's what they're actually going for? Sonic by way of Rocket Raccoon?

4. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    It's the calm before the storm given that a teaser trailer (and thus Sonic's revealed design) is rumoured for this month - hence their teasing with "see you in 2019".

I await another look at the game with fear and anticipation. Hard to believe the film's releasing this year. The proper trailer is going to be something indeed.

5. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    [​IMG]
    [media]https://twitter.com/JimCarrey/status/1081670434800644096[/media]

In case anyone was wondering what Jim Carrey might look like as Eggman, here you go.
    (The actual tweet has nothing to do with the Sonic movie btw)

6. Fadaway

Fadaway

Whaaaaaaa?! Those eyes!!!!!!

7. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    I love Jim Carrey. Might be with seeing this movie just for his genius. This is good PR.

8. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Ahh, so is part of the Sonic movie's plot going to involve Robotnik's plan to stop Sonic by blinding him? :v:

9. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Anyone remember "Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game"

Will we see a game adaption of this movie? Maybe an endless runner on mobile phones?

10. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie: The Endless IPhone Runner: And KnucklesCalling it now

11. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I can't decide if I should leak the rest of the script before or after the first teaser releases. Officer Burpo and Sonic get up to some crazy stuff in this thing.

He was gonna stop Sonic by vaccinating him but Jim Carrey morally objected to it.

12. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Oh God you haven't written more have you? If so you have a fan right here that would love to read it. Loved the last pages you posted.

As for Carrey perhaps he can single handedly elevate this film in to the realm of half-decent. Maybe even turn it in to a cult classic. Best case scenario right there.

13. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    Sorry not sure if this is worth posting but at the Golden Globes they made a pretty funny jab at Jim Carrey being in this movie. Thought it was funny. Heres a link

14. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Oh man I actually thought this was kind of sad actually. He's Jim Carrey - one of the finest and best actors that has ever lived (The Truman Show will always be a wonderful film primarily because of him) and they're making fun of him for not being in many movies recently? So he says he's in Sonic that's out this November and they just make fun of him and the film?

I know they're just joking but I found it kind of sad for him in all honesty. :( Now I fucking hope the film's a hit.

15. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    I think its all in good fun, as depressing as it appears in the surface I can't see this being anything but scripted considering them mentioning Kidding (which is excellent) in such a referential fashion. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't scripted at all and was actually something that happened randomly. Although to be fair I could be missing something since I didn't watch the entire thing and just saw this clip during it and went "whoa wait what"

16. Basically what SOA tried to do in the 90's - shoehorn those gross cartoon redesigns into the main games.

Luckily they only got as far as Sonic Spinball

17. Frostav

Frostav

I just saw Into the Spiderverse and just...why. Why did this film have to be live-action. Why can't it look like that film (I mean, not even in the same art-style, just something as wildly inventive and creative as that film, complete with the same kind of crazy surrealism of classic Sonic zones)? How often are we going to get terrible live-action adaptations of cartoony series before suits just...stop?

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I really hope Spiderverse makes 3D animation in general more inventive. Some of the scenes in the Mania opening came to mind while watching it.

We're getting this movie because Sonic is Dragonball, and Goku drove a car and went to high school while Sonic forgets his socks and drives to San Francisco.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The arcade version is fucking amazing. The console versions are shit.

20. Whaat? The arcade version was a mechanical mess doubled down on early-MK jank that had no business being in a SF to begin with, had the NERVE to reimplement STREET FIGHTER 1-STYLE HOLD INPUTS for some specials even though they were discarded for an obvious reason, played slow as heck on MAME for no discernible reason up until Vista-era, and was way too in love with it's own OCs.

The console versions, meanwhile, played on the Super Turbo engine and had a story mode that actually followed the movie it was based on. Sure, that's not a lot going for it, but at least it isn't a mess.