don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    One of the loveliest bumps there has ever been on Sonic Retro and I've been here 8 years. Such a wonderful surprise for Christmas.

Astonishingly good news and an extremely positive indication Mania is an on-going initiative at Sega that will likely lead to a new game and successor in the future.

2. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Was pleasantly surprised to stumble across a tweet teasing this upcoming new short - they've obviously taken note of how well the original 5 parts were received. Looking forward to a 6th slice of charming Mania action! = )

3. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    When I first saw a post about Sonic Mania Adventures getting a Part 6 through this topic, it took me off guard for a moment. Then I remembered that Instagram post from before, teasing more animation work on the horizon, which was edited afterwards to remove that information. :-3

Regardless, I'm very excited for this! If they tease a new Classic Sonic game at the end of the episode (Featuring Classic Amy this time, perhaps?), that would be a very nice way to cap off 2018 and start generating excitement in 2019. :-D

Sonic Mania's well earned success deserves to be continued with follow-ups, both in games and animation, and I'm thoroughly pleased to see SEGA continue the Mania line of Sonic media in general. :)

4. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    HHNNNNNNNGHHHHHHH

http://youtu.be/UpfIblkRspQ

5. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Damn, that was cute.

Poor Angel Island doesn't get off the ground in Mania continuity, huh? Does Eggman pay rent at this point?

6. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    That was good. Very innocent on Amy's part to bother rescuing Metal. Charming to say the least.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Jesus Christ this was so fucking good
    This is the kinda shit I'd pay to see in theater. I could even bring my little brother to see it with me and everything...but I guess some things just aren't meant to happen.
    Still, spectacular effort and congrats to everyone involved! This forum doesn't have a thumbs up smiley but I'm sending all kind of good vibes.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Utterly delightful. Nice to see Amy at last, too!

9. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    So this means they're making her playable in Mania right

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

I like that they listened to the feedback of putting in Amy and making a holiday special.

Unless that was always the plan.

11. Prototype

Prototype

That was really good. I like how they portrayed Amy in this. The art was really gorgeous too.

12. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Wow, I wasn't actually expecting to see Amy at all. Hesse's portrayal of her is the best.

13. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Is it bad that in all this positivity, I'm wondering if the change in Amy's skirt was winter wear or a sign of what her future pixel self will look like in Mania 2?

Edit: And should all the insano stalker stuff be relegated to Modern Amy?

14. Prototype

Prototype

As someone who always liked Classic Amy's design while disliking Classic Amy's outfit, I like what they've done with it here. I'm not sure if it's just the winter attire that pleases me or if I just find Tyson Hesse's style to be pleasing to the eye.

15. Pengi

Pengi

This was great! I love how Amy was characterised here - plucky, cute and empathetic.

Streamlined designs are easier to animate. She's wearing the same outfit in the credits illustration, and the skirt has its usual ruffles there.

16. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Honestly, I think this is the best Amy portrayal I've ever seen. Both visually, and personality-wise.

Might this be the end of the Mania brand? :(

17. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I really doubt it. I know it's Sega we're talking about, but still. They wouldn't be this daft.

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    The first time in years that the character hasn't been horrible. Words (ironically?) can't describe how much better it is when the characters don't open their mouths.

Well done.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Part of me was hoping this would be a stealth announcement for a Mania 2 :v:

Still this was really well done and it was nice seeing Amy. Def the best portrayal I've seen of her to date.

20. MastaSys

MastaSys

That was so cute... really made me miss the original episodes.
    Now give me that run & slash hammer gameplay please! please!
    That aside thank you every member of anything Mania related team, seeing Classic Sonic like this is wonderful.