don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Please tell me this is a joke.
    PLEASE tell me this is a fucking joke.

edit:somebody on reddit said his left leg looks like a massive dong, this make it even better

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Will this kill the series? No. Will it make the series look stupid again for at least another year or 2? Yup. It'll def do that.

The only thing that'll kill this series at this point will be Sega saying "eh, fuck it we're done." I just hope there isn't a tie in game for this monstrosity.

3. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    I will not sperg out
    I will not sperg out
    I will not sperg out
    I will not sperg out
    I will not sperg out
    I will not sperg out
    I will not sperg out
    I will not sperg out
    Let's remember the Detective Pikachu trailer and how it slowly grew on everyone with it's realistic styled pokemon.

4. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    The thing I'm most confused about is that tag-line.

A whole new speed of hero, indeed!

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya, but the thing with Detective Pikachu is that while it's weird, it's still pretty true to the series. Pikachu looks kinda cute even like a plush toy. Most of the pokemon in the movie look like themselves with some crusty realistic textures and hair and such, which fine. Little weird but still true to form.

This takes Sonic's design and shits all over it. This does nothing right. At all. The shoes are wrong, there are no gloves, there are no socks, blue arms, no uni eye, weird muscles, and while we can't confirm it yet it's looking like it might be a realistic hedgehog face on this thing. It's fucking awful. Now more than ever I hope this movie bombs as this will just be nightmare meme fuel for years to come.

6. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    People are still making fun of Sonic nowadays, they didn't wait for that poster.

Wasn't there a rumor of a tie-in game ?

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I mean... a mediocre puzzle spin-off in the middle of the 90s is a pretty different beast to a live action Hollywood movie adaptation when the franchise is now almost 30 years old and has struggled to maintain a mainstream presence and good reputation in recent years in particular.

But also literally nobody is screaming and panicking and crying "doom of the franchise".

8. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Dragon Ball survived Dragon Ball Evolution and even got better.

On retro, not yet. Elsewhere ? yes, people do.

9. Creature SH

Creature SH

It would posit that the core fan base - like here on retro - is so broken down by the disappointments over the years that this is just another chapter of sighs in a book of sorrow.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually in a way this movie is a good thing. Sonic fans never agree on anything, but for once we do. This design is garbage.

The great harmony at last :v:

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It's the Boom design reveal all over again. But somehow worse. Please be our Dragonball Evolution before our Battle of Gods.

12. I'm honestly waiting for a trailer before I start mocking it. I don't want to sound like those goofs that scream about "green eyes!" or "blue arms!" Especially since we haven't even seen the real design, just a silhouette. Jean Ralphio and Jim Carrey are good enough actors that I think there'll be some joy to be found in their performances. Especially considering they MIGHT be calling Jim Carrey Robotnik (according to every article that talks about the movie). I'm cautiously optimistic.

13. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    This looks like a fan made model. Dear god I hate to see what Sonic's face is going to look like... I'm still seeing it regardless though. It can't be as bad as the Super Mario Bros. movie, right? :v:

14. Creature SH

Creature SH

Did anyone else notice that they felt the need to pitch down the rings jingle to make it, I assume, more mature and manly?

15. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    2011: People threatened with bans if they refused to play Sonic Generations.
    2018: Sonic Generations is the shittiest game of all time.

Based on this, it can be safely assumed that if the Sonic community hates the movie just from seeing one "poster", it'll actually be somewhat decent.

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    My favorite part is how the motion poster starts in almost the exact same way as the first teaser for Sonic 4: Episode 1.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adXw5_b4pvQ[/youtube]
    Someone's warning us ahead of time, guys.

17. Turbohog

Turbohog

Holy shit that looks bad. Can't wait for a trailer to really see it.

18. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    The impression I'm getting is that they wanted to save costs on CGI so they only animated his gigantic head, and the rest is just a guy in a hairy body suit.

19. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    It really is amazing how absolutely no one likes this design. Hard core fans on here hate it. Casualish fans on Twitter hate it. Movie fans on Reddit hate it. I've heard rumors that even Sega themselves don't like the design, yet somehow this is actually still being made.

20. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    How is this real? How did this go through dozens, if not hundreds of people working on the film, who all must've looked at this and said "Yes, this is okay." How?