don't click here

New Sonic Animated Series In Production

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Beltway, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Originally wanted to post this in the "Supreme Topic of Other Knowledge" thread, but figured this was too recent and probably warranted its own thread.

The production manager for Mania Adventures revealed yesterday that there's a new animated series on the way in this Instagram post.

(Description for those who can't see/go to the above link or if the above post gets pulled--could be possible it was posted too early, given how this was announced out of the blue. [/nopunintended])

"Gotta go fast, gotta make it last—finally swung around the SEGA office as we're working on another fun series with the blue hedgehog y'all are gonna love it!

#Sonic #SonicTheHedgehog #Animation #Work #SEGA #Knuckles #Tails #Amy"

Sounds like Mania Adventures did pretty well if they're jumping on another animated series so soon already. (Oh and maybe the Boom television series might have okay too I guess, in spite of its bad timeslots and the awful brand management.)

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Worst case scenario, it's a tie-in to the upcoming movie.

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Happy to hear! Looks like it may compete a little with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU16lHM8nlM

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya good call grabbing the original quote as the part referring to a new series was removed.

I hope we see a full fledged cartoon based on Mania Adventures, but I feel like there would have to be some form of voice acting. Maybe its something different though.

5. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Aaron's also denied it on his Twitter.

So it's pretty much confirmed. :v:

People also have saved and posted screencaps for the original post, by the by:

[​IMG]

EDIT: Also supporting the new animated series may be a reaction towards Mania Adventures: Tee Lopes announced on Twitter a few days ago that the Mania Adventures compilation video (which includes all fives episodes) has been viewed over 10 million times on YouTube, in less than two months. This is the Sonic YouTube channel's second most-watched video ever, surpassed only by the Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric commercial at 32.1 million views since the four years that video was posted.

Moreover, the individual five Mania Adventures episodes have a combined total of 13.4 million views on YouTube. Which when combined with the 10.5 million views from the above compilation video, brings the total amount of views across all six Mania Adventure videos up to nearly 24 million.

6. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Aaron's "there's no official news" line on Twitter is pretty much confirmation, lol. Looking forward to seeing more about this. Mania Adventures was a delightful wonder.

7. Linkabel

Linkabel

I wonder if they're doing something related to Team Sonic Racing. It would be cool if each new game gets some form of animation tie-in.

8. RDNexus

RDNexus

While tie-in animations for each new game might be nice, I'd rather see ST, along with that talented team, revamp the entire game series through said new animated project, while hoping as well that it'd finally give to fans like me a proper timeline of events to the games.

Hey. I know it may be a pipe dream, but a guy can still dream...right?

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    TSR is way too close to release date to have a tie-in animation if its just now getting the green light.

That said, I'd love to see a Modern Sonic 2D animation, especially if it veers into Uekawa's illuatration style or Tyson Hesse's Classic/Modern fusion. We haven't seen M. Sonic repesented in 2D animation since Riders opening animation (unless X was still going at that time? I don't remember) I would be super down to see something like it again.

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

I don't think we can judge when it got the green light from that post since it just says they are working on something not that they barely got approved to do it.

Anyways, I too would love to see a Modern Sonic 2D animation.

11. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    My guess is that they were blind-sided with how much people loved Mania Adventures and how popular it became so thought it best to speedily green light a new series of some sort.

Just hope it still has the glow of Adventures even if it's not exactly the same. Hopefully this is more substantial - a new series of proper 30-minute-ish episodes?

12. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Cool! I wouldn't mind an animated adaption of Sonic 3 or Mania. :psyduck:

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Awesome not-yet-official news!

An adaptation of "Sonic: Mega Drive", maybe?

14. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    That would be awesome, really. Or something in that direction, would love it.

But I actually think will be something with Modern Sonic

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Hm, I wonder if, had Archie held the licence of Sonic long and kept the Mega Man comics going, they woulda tied the Ancient Gears of Mega Drive with the Double Gear system of Mega Man 11...

Anyway, aside from getting sidetracked, I wonder what an animated series would be about. Would they go the Youtube route again like with Mania Adventures, or try mainstream media? Would they use the Classics or the Modern variants? Questions, questions...

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I can't imagine we'll hear anything about it this year. If they proposed more animation directly after SMA finished, I can't imagine they've even left the preproduction stages yet. Either way, I guess we won't hear much from Tyson on here for a while :v:.

+ - Whatever it is, I hope there's enough budget for some fight choreography. It's the only thing I felt SMA was lacking.  

17. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Well, I see a #Amy, anyone wanna shoot the shit on how she'll play in Sonic Mania 2?

18. Slower Sonic. Could program her hammer to replace the insta-shield, maybe with modified properties. She's a hedgehog so rolling would be the same.

For her super form, she'd turn into a full 'woman' with lipstick and dressy clothing. And she'll get the Super Tails flickies but instead of attacking enemies they'll fly close to sonic's ear and whisper things Amy has said about him in private.

That last bit is the best idea of the bunch and clearly the most likely to be adopted.

19. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Hell no! Just No.

Her hammer being an insta-shield is probably where they'll go. I'd add her spring boost (insta-shield into a spring) and a wall jump that sends her diagonal (insta-shield into a wall) allowing her to scale areas Sonic and Tails can't reach ala ninja gaiden. I don't think they'll do anything special with her Super form (assuming Iizuka lets her have one).

20. I was just having silly fun with the idea. But yeah that'd be my guess as well.

I'm confused what you mean by "hell no" though. All the characters have the same fundamental gameplay as Sonic but with a twist that makes their gameplay unique. Amy's hammer being a sort of launching spring or an insta-shield esque thing wouldn't change that. She'd still most likely roll and run like Sonic does, just not as fast.