don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

This is fine guys.

2. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Gonna try to utilize the team mechanics as much as possible. I need that extra boost but I'm also a little sceptical. Isn't that too complicated for beginners? Wouldn't it be frustrating if your opponents were using rival takedown all the time? Maybe the game has blue shell-syndrome...? I hope that it's possible to win wthout having to fight back.

3. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    As mediocre as this game looks to me, the sudden return of Chao makes me hopeful for the future.
    Even outside of the gardens, they contributed more to modern Sonic's identity from 1998-2004 than Wisps ever did. I'd love for Sonic to go back to that era over whatever the hell it's been trying to do for the past eight years.

4. Burezu

Burezu

Butt. Member
    Kyushu, JP
    linktr.ee/IHMTTY
    Is it me or does the game look incredibly slow? The S&SAR ones felt and looked fast and frantic. Having watched the gameplay videos, I only assume the pace was slowed to show whats happening. Or at least I hope that's the case.

5. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah it's not exactly the most awe-inspiring of games. It looks positively underwhelming coming off the All-Stars games. It looks competent and proficient - as to be expected from Sumo. But ultimately it doesn't look that exhilarating and fun as racing games should be. I have faith Sumo will produce a decent game but they're going to have to show off something more exciting to get me hyped for this.

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    So, Knuckles doesn't sound like Travis in that footage. Did he get bumped, or am I hearing things?

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's only that one clip. In the other clips in the trailer plus all the gameplay footage from E3, he sounds normal.

8. Ah. That means that Travis still voices Knuckles in this.

9. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    [​IMG]

These teams are weird as hell.. so No Cream in Team Rose, and now Vector is teamed up with Blaze and Silver..

10. Jason

Jason

Vector seems to partner up with whoever is lacking when the rest of the Chaotix aren't in the game. He was part of Team Rose in Free Riders.

Good to have Blaze playable, albeit a spinoff. Certainly, this of all games, will explain why Silver is here, right :specialed:?

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Huh interesting. I almost certainly thought the Chaotix would have been a team but I guess the other 2 have taken a back seat again, which is fine I guess. I like Espio so I'd of like to have seen him in the game but I don't think anyone cares about Charmy.

So I guess that pretty much deconfirms Espio, Charmy, and Cream, and there aren't really any other important hero esq characters in the Modern franchise that'd be worthy of a team. So I'm guessing the last team will either be Team Rogue, which I don't really expect because it's not a Riders game and they haven't been relevant in years, or some kind of Eggman team likely featuring Eggman, Metal Sonic, and someone else. Maybe an Egg Pawn or maybe Infinite? Please no Zavok though, you keep trying to make it work Sega and it just doesn't. Not Bowser and his Not Kooplings need to go away.

12. Pengi

Pengi

It's the same reason Vector was used in the Mario & Sonic Olympic games - they needed multiple strong-guy characters, and Vector is one of the few strong-guy characters in the series.

13. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Funny how Knuckles counts as a strong-guy character in abilities and gameplay but not in physique, unlike Big (in Heroes and these racing games, anyway) and Vector.

Likely also the reason Zavok was brought into those games, and why Zavok will be here despite nearly nobody wanting him around.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Meanwhile they have the perfect candidate for another heavy that's basically a free agent that hasn't been used in a long time with one notable exception *looks over at Mighty*

But no, lets use Zavok :v:

15. Given how odd some of these teams are, I wouldn't be surprised if the last one turned out to be Eggman, Cream, and Elise.

TEAM KIDNAP

16. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Fine, then let's call this one "Team Temporary Alliance". :v: The "Team" in the title must have a really deep meaning.

17. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Silver's justification for being around is always just going to be "something ELSE caused the apocalypse so I came back to stop it. Again."
    Just buy some damn real estate in this timeline already ffs

18. Jason

Jason

Come to think of it, Blaze also has a tenuous grip on spacetime as well.

A hero outside of his time.

A princess outside of her dimension.

A detective looking for his next payday.

Next summer, watch these unlikely companions take a road trip from South Dakota to San Francisco in a potentially better movie in search of their common goal.

Dr. Eggman Must Die

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Silver, Blaze, and... Vector?

What?

At least Chao replacing Cream in Team Rose made sense, but if they were going to do this it would've been better as:
    Chao, Cream, Big
    Amy, Blaze, Silver

Where we have teams that actually fit together. Has Vector ever met Silver or Blaze in game continuity?

And I thought Team Chaotix were guaranteed because they're generally well-received and requested.

20. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Heh. I actually like this idea. One team made up of series mainstay Amy with two (often-requested) outliers, and a team aimed squarely at kids and memes. No, really, I find that team strangely appealing, if only because they're just the right kind of weird/bubbly/colorful characters (Sonic nature aside) to attract little kids. And the SA3 crowd, lol, but that's just a bonus.

With the actual team as-is... eh, it's nice to see Blaze and Silver appear again, I guess. I'm indifferent to Vector otherwise.