don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So Adventures is to Mania kind of what Sonic X was to Adventure, etc.

+ - (Only, you know, good)  

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    And without it giving Izuka a convinent excuse he claims is what has always been canon. So basically 100% better.

3. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Speaking of Sonic X: I remember back when they announced the show it seemed to me like a 'Finally, what took them so long?'-kinda situation. Fans really liked the anime-ish style of SA1 and 2 so we got Sonic X. Dunno what went wrong, really. Next stop is Mania's Advance trilogy.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Might have something to do with Chris, whose sole purpose seems to be to hog the limelight and at best steal major plot points away from other characters.

5. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Also 4kids, how could I ever forget.

6. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Hoo boy, so much of what I disliked about Sonic X is due to that standard 4Kids treatment. The constant, poorly mixed music cues. The weird racist caricatures of the house help. To this day, it's the only piece of Sonic media I've never made it all the way through... but I guess I should actually try and give the JP version a shot.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    If you thought Shadow saying « damn » was edgy, wait until you hear Sonic say « Shit » in one of the early episodes
    The Engrish is glorious in the Japanese dub :v:/>

8. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I found it was pretty watchable in original subbed form, and gets even better in the Season 3/Series 2 stuff when it's away from Earth.
    That's not to say the English voice cast didn't do a good job with the direction they were given, but it's such a different show outside Japan it might as well be put in the 'Abridged Series' category.

9. Windii

Windii

Robot Stonks Riser Member
    I don't think any of us who has watched the 4Kids dub of Sonic X is ever going to forget that one godforsaken "DANANANANANA NA NA NA" leitmotif. I don't even need to specify 'cause if you heard it once, you know it. I haven't even watched the dub in over 10+ years and I still remember exactly what it sounds like and I hate it.

Anyway, Sonic X still remains my favorite animated Sonic thing along with the OVA and AoStH. I'm pretty sure the only official way to watch it subbed right now is via Hulu or Yahoo View (which is a free version of Hulu apparently), which I hope changes whenever Discotek gets around to releasing that subbed DVD box. Which also makes me wish there was some kind of official Blu-ray release collecting all animated Sonic Mania stuff, for the junkies like me willing to pay for animated Sonic media. That would be sweet.

10. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Wow I am actually extremely happy to realize that I have forgotten it. I remember the same motif over and over again being extremely, ridiculously annoying at the time and yelling about it, but now it's faded from my memory (admittedly alongside me caring about Sonic X, lol). Still, I'm honestly glad I can't remember.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Whenever I have the itch to watch Sonic X beyond the first couple episodes, I just put this on, and I'm sated.

http://youtu.be/5fOXvXrCaTA

12. I wouldn't mind some more episodes of Sonic Mania Adventures.

13. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
  14. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I just watched the complete series again, which is like at 24 million views, thinking "Sega better do more of this." And by golly they did it. Balena, you better watch out :v:.

15. Pengi

Pengi

The fact that they're keeping the "Sonic Mania" branding going, and willing to spend money on it even without a new game to promote (yet!), is very promising.

16. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
  17. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Haha, I fucking called it. I said it would be another Mania short with a Christmas theme <3

It's so good to see the Mania brand getting more love.

Now all we need is for Mania 2 to be teased in the post-credits

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh my god yessss.

SEGA, please keep the Mania alive.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Completely out of left field. I guess this is what that deleted tweet all that time back was about, huh?

Maybe we'll see Amy this time!

20. Amy would certainly be a nice addition.