don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. On a related note, I'm sure including these shorts and all the trailers in Sonic Mania Plus wouldn't have been as simple as it seems, but thinking about a new Visual Mode with all of this stuff makes me smile. I suppose it'll have to wait until Sonic Mega Gems Collection Plus Jam.

Until then, here's hoping we get to see more stuff like this someday...!

2. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    This is such a low hit... well played.

3. And hell, to be fair, the last short Blizzard did was almost a year ago. They've massively slowed down on making new shorts (Honestly because it feels like their head lore writer, Michael Chu, can't get his story straight, plus it's just a straight up bleeding of money.)

4. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    More on the line that it is hard to argue with someone who knows Sega's situation far better than myself. Likewise, me "dropping out" is more out of not wanting to say make you accidentally leak stuff that may jeopardize your position at Sega.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    For what it's worth, I've been perfectly happy with the animated shorts. Some of the best animated work the franchise has ever done.

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Yeah, can't say more than this to be honest. In fact, I've not even posted much since 90% of my words would be downplaying how fucking fantastic these shorts have been. If I'd time-travelled back to when a young 7-year old me was tuning into AoStH for the first time and showed him Mania Adventures, he would have broken down into a mess of over-hype.

Even though my Mania Plus arrives tomorrow, I'm going to wait and watch this final episode to start things off legit. I don't know how many times I've said "Can't wait" but I guess it doesn't stop being applicable. Mania Adventures has done such a great job at keeping the excitement moving. I don't want the ride to end!

7. Yeah man, the store I pre-ordered the game at opens about 2 hrs after I get off of work. I think I'll drop by, pick up the game, then wait for the final short to be released before I start playing. The shorts have been really amazing!

8. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
  9. Holy shit. The ending. I loved it!
    Knuckles' manic, slightly stupid looking face as he socked Metal Sonic in the face, and then casually walked out with the Master Emerald, and then the entire crew enjoys chilli dogs to the act cleared music. Hilarious and honestly makes me happy as far as any kind of ending to this goes

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

The last episode was amazing! The action scene was really well done and I appreciated the little ova reference thrown in there.

I hope we get more stuff like this in the future and everyone involved in this project should feel really proud of themselves.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Well, with the time left, the best way to end is with anti-climax. I laughed out loud. So I guess this doesn't really tie in with the Encore story, but I say that only watching the official stream of Angel Island through Chemical Plant. I'll play Plus tonight. Too busy at work to leave early and pick up my copy.

12. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Mania Adventures Part 5 is arguably the closest we'll ever get to...

Super Metal Sonic--they even gave him yellow eyes to replace his usual red eyes

...and I'll happily take it. This was such a great series, the only fault I'd really knock it for is its shorts not being long enough to flesh out a more-developed narrative. It was overall sublime otherwise.

And yes, massive props to Knuckles just running in to sock the shit out of Metal Sonic (right into Eggman too!) and leave with his emerald without even looking at the rest of the cast. You could even interpret that Knuckles didn't even know that was Metal Sonic on his emerald and he thought he punched the real Sonic. :v

So damn ecstatic with Mania Plus as whole right now. All that's missing is for me to grab a physical copy. :D

13. Yeow-- LOL at your spoiler comment. I hadn't even considered that!

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Wow! There it is! So that is what they do in the meantime....honestly, exactly what I was expecting.

15. IndyCotton

IndyCotton

Absolutely loved this entire run of shorts - can't praise Hesse and his team enough for bringing one of the best animated media for Sonic in years. There's a lot of fave moments more than I can count, but I think these expressions will be a stand-alone ones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also Tails coughing in the end of the short is definitely gonna be a meme.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The entire ending can be simply summed up with EMAWOOOOOOOOODS - I actually did laugh out loud, crowning moment of anti-climax ending. Wonderful job to all involved!

17. CollectiveWater

CollectiveWater

Fantastic finale. Whole series was great. (Episode 1, 3, and 5 are my favorites, but 2 and 4 are real good/have great moments, too.) Great idea to immediately put up a video with all 5 episodes sequenced together (someone was gonna do it right away anyway; might as well do it yourself officially and beat them to the punch). Best 11 minutes and 23 seconds of Sonic animation made thus far. Music was great in the whole series, but holy shit episode 5 in particular was really incredible--great work as always by Tee. Huge congrats to every single person that worked on this; y'all did a great job. Hope there may be more someday.

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The combined version has some updated effects and shading for the other episodes. On mobile right now, but some animation errors I noticed we're fixed, screen shake in some action sections, and new light effects. Even Adventures gets the Plus treatment in the complete package!

19. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    I had to contain my laughter in the office. Absolutely amazing. A neat touch to also include the complete run in one video!

Huge kudos to Tyson, Tee and all the animation team. This was a delightful series. I am so terribly happy that this kind of quality content gets done to Sonic.

20. RDNexus

RDNexus

Mania Adventures really ended up being the TOP Sonic animated series so far. Too bad is made of shorts...
    Great animation, lots of nice comedy, amazing use of game themes and BGMs and an Anti-Climax to laugh like mad.

And then, that Tails coughing moment at the last second...what was that for? xD