don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I wonder why Sega wouldn't do a release of the Collector's edition, but this time include the physical game inplace of the download code.

2. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Yup. Similar one for me - I've got a boxed case for Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, despite being a Digital Only game outside of Japan.

[​IMG]

Capcom still printed display boxes for stores so I took one of them home since I bought the game digitally. I always forget there's not actually a disc in there!

3. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I don't know if this is the right place to report this, but since the bug topic is still closed (jk overlord don't ban me), I'll report my findings here.

I was playing the final boss (the super sonic one), and Eggman just wouldn't die. He kept playing his explosion animation, but he kept coming back every time I damaged the heavy king. The heavy king started doing this too(exploding but coming back), until both of them disappeared for good, but the cutscene still wouldn't play, and was stuck alone, unable to do anything.

So, you know, hoped they fixed this one in Mania Plus :v:

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Told you :U

Now, about the screensaver...

5. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Why was that bug topic closed anyway? Did the mods think we'd be getting more than one patch? Honestly, it's better to assume we might not get more than one patch than to make bug reporting taboo.
    (yes I'm aware a new patch/update is on the way now, but seriously.)

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Because at first the mods thought it was either too soon or that the developers knew, then it was because it was too late :v:

7. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    All the mobile Remasters had bug threads that are still open, so I wonder if there was something more to the Mania one being closed (A legal issue, maybe because it was on different platforms?)

8. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I've made a full run of the game today after a long time (I'm not eager to beat Sonic games a thousand times as I used to do when I was teenager), and my lack of practice plus some other unknown factors made me find a lot of giant rings and other secrets I never found before, like in, you know, I miss a jump in my usual path and end up exploring better the most forgotten road. I also finally found a way to beat the Silver Sonic section of the stardust speedway boss while being super, and found a safer way to beat oil ocean boss with no shield and just a few rings. I hope to have my homework done before jumping into SM Plus, and it's nice to know I can enjoy the old game enough to find interesting to play encore mode or the old mania mode with new characters.

9. LajosFace

LajosFace

Gyöngyös, Hungary
    Sonic & Crash: Dimension Disaster mod for Sonic Mania
    Is there anybody who is really hyped for this DLC? I really want to get it on Steam. How can I fill the time gap until it releases 4 days later? Is there any mod that is good until I buy the DLC?

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    My copies arrived 3 days early!

[​IMG]

Won't have time to play until later tonight, but it's so nice to finally have a copy of Mania that isn't locked behind DRM shackles.

11. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I pre-ordered Mania Plus (physical edition) for Switch through ShopTo and for PS4 via AmazonUK. Now; Amazon never deliver early. So I'll receive the PS4 copy on Tuesday-day of release. However, it turns out ShopTo do sometimes send copies early, which I wasn't expecting. They tried to deliver my Switch copy of Mania Plus earlier today. However, I was out watching the movie "Skyscraper" starring Dwayne Johnson (which is a good movie by-the-way) so I missed the delivery. Therefore, I will need to collect my Switch copy of Plus from my nearest post "sorting office" which is local and easy for me to get to. However, the sorting office is next open at 11am (UK time) tomorrow...

So I will be playing Mania Plus on Switch once I have collected it tomorrow.

I would be playing it right now if I hadn't decided to go and watch the movie...

Fuck!

In hindsight I really should have pre-ordered the PS4 version via ShopTo as well...

12. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    I think it may be because Amazon UK aren't handling the delivery. For Mania Plus, at least, it was handed over to Royal Mail who's delivery service is a touch better than Amazon's.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I may buy the full thing on cart...maybe.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    So getting the thing early has been amusing in one respect - there are virtually no-one on the leaderboards outside of GHZ1, thanks to them being erased for Plus. Right now, I am the current world record holder as Sonic on Switch for Mania Mode levels: GHZ2, CPZ2, FBZ1, FBZ2, PGZ1, PGZ2, SSZ1, and SSZ2 - at which point I got bored of Time Trial. Most of the times are crap so they'll be knocked off on the 17th, but I'll take "former world record holder" as a title. =P

15. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Is the following known:
    1) Will the digital version come with a digital version of the artbook? (I'm guessing not).
    2) If you already own the digital version, does the physical version unlock the full game on your existing digital copy? (I'm guessing not again).

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

1. No it does not.
    2. At this point, I'm not sure. I can no longer play my digital copy of the game because it's an older version than the physical one, which of course contains save data for things that don't exist in the old version. We won't be able to verify exactly what happens until the patch is out for the digital version to bring both to the same build number (currently digital is 1.3 and physical is 1.4).

17. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Meanwhile I just decided to get 1st on HCZ2 and leave it at that. The run's barely changed but feels much more natural without the silly slope jump thing.

18. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiFgaatXuRc
    Have a 90's Sonic Mania Plus commercial

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I love that the FPS game footage is just some guy pretending that his hands are guns.

20. Hey, does anyone know when the game releases digitally? Does it unlock tonight?