don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They have been using this strategy with Sonic Forces: Speed Battle actually. Since it's launch they've added Blaze, Big, and Cream as additional characters and new levels.

Of course it's still a Free To Play game so it's a little different, but the new content is free at least, assuming you get the in game currency to get the characters.

2. I'm liking the look of this. Kart Racers never look exciting in trailers/gameplay videos. If this was just SASR3 I'm fine with it.

Two of my faves: Rouge and Omega are in. Looks like Rouge modded her SA2 car. Sumo really are quite good at this stuff.

15 characters don't really feel a lot. I'm just hoping that the Egg Pawn characters aren't taking up slots and are just placeholders so they don't reveal the roster before they plan to. Otherwise its E-1000000-R and G again

Wisps at least give some sort of identity to the weapons/power ups that had been lacking in the previous games.

I wonder if the tracks are hints to what sort of levels are popping up in the next Sonic?

3. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I'm very much looking forward to this as Transformed was my favorite mascot racer of the last 20 years, but I have to ask:

[​IMG]

...Are the fenders on Knuckles' car actually connected to anything, or are they just floating unsupported over the tires? This is bothering my brain.

4. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

I'm a-okay with 15 or however many characters, personally. I look at MK8's roster and my eyes just gloss over the sheer amount of garbage filler characters in there. Track count is important to me, but character count in a racer never even crosses my mind since I only ever pick from 2 or 3 characters anyway. It's not like say, a fighting game where more characters means more variety to fight against.

5. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    In fairness, that's because Mario has a lot less story-relevant and generally memorable main characters, at least in the regular platformers. Either that, or MK8 just made poor choices of which characters, not necessarily too many. Sonic doesn't really have any characters that look exactly the same as each other (outside of half the case having the same body type, but oh well) or are just variations like Metal Mario or the babies, so if it had the same roster size there'd be a lot more variety by default.

Either way, they said there'll be skins for characters, which I wish they'd heavily abuse. Classic and Boom skins, Riders costumes. Tikal over Knuckles, you can get Sticks in there over Amy maybe, just use the heck out of it. This is the case for Smash too.

6. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member

Crush 40 :specialed:

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh neat Rooftop Run. So is this game Sonic Racing Generations :v:

But yea this prob should have been their reveal trailer...

Also Crush 40, sounding as cheesy as ever, thank God

8. Saad

Saad

Morocco
    Finding anything Sega related in Arabic
    the description of the youtube video...
    The teams are probably based on the teams from Sonic Heroes

9. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Crush 40... Did people really want this? The song doesn't sound great to me. I think the trailer would have sold me way better without this *Not-Live and Learn song playing in the background. It's way too lame.

The game play definitely looks very interesting. Looking forward to seeing more footage from this game later.

10. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Oh boy yeah, I'm pretty sure everybody wanted this.
    I can't watch the video yet (due to my shitty internet connection :argh:/> ), so I can't judge the quality of the song, but I'm really happy that they're back to begin with.
    With this and Sonic Forces, it seems like they're trying to bring back the overall feel of the adventure era, and that make me incredibly hopeful about the future of 3d Sonic, tone-wise anyway (I mean,, the actual quality of the game left a lot to be desired)

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Bump for new page:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=765jJE7HjUA
    And so Modern Sonic continues courting Adventure fans on the surface. A-Life Chao pit crew incoming :v:.

Seriously though, Crush 40 getting their own take on Modern Sonic level music for the first time in almost ten years will be interesting. We'll see how much cheese the '10s can take.

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    YOUR FAVOURITE SONIC CHARACTERS

(Rouge the Bat)

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Rouge has her fans. Actually the least popular character of the bunch is likely Omega, who was shown last.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Modern Sonic fans, probably.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They haven't really been prevalent since 2004 though, so not even. More like Adventure fans.

16. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    So basically we can safely assume Team Rose and Team Chaotix will be players as well, and then I'm sure the last three character slots will be something like "Team Eggman," with Eggman, Metal Sonic and an Egg Pawn or something.

17. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    What concerns me is it doesn't appear the game runs at 60fps. I figure they would target that for PS4/XB1 at least, but none of the footage thus far shows it. Anyone at E3 willing to confirm that?

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    We can't assume "Team Rose" will be the same as in Sonic Heroes, though. I don't see Big or Cream coming back, and Silver's got to go somewhere...

19. synchronizer

synchronizer

The theme song sounds a lot like "Live and Learn."

20. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    It's too slow for my taste, but still very cool. As a firm believer of Crush 40 I think that it'll help to get a better feel for the style of the game.

It's almost surreal: "Dozens of characters, the most astonishing race tracks, loads of etc. etc." <- That's what I'm missing right now.