don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    So would they call it the Formerly-Hidden-But-Now-Everyone-And-Their-Robots-Know-Where-It-Is Palace now? Since it's no longer Hidden?

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Man, 2 minutes is really too short for anything meaningful.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That might be true but I'm still amazed we're getting this at all. And the 2 they've shown have been great so far.

4. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I'm sure someone will piece them all together into one animation once they're all done, then we can enjoy it more without having to click from one to another.

5. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Lava Reef Zone Act 2.

I had to watch this one a few times as I was contrating entirely on the music and sound effects! Now I want a full version of Angel Island Zone Act 2 from Tee. Loved the Sonic Mania Plus action and I thought something was off about the Flying Battery re-color. After being resurrected in Sonic 4 and traits in Sonic Mania vanilla, can we finally just let Wing Fortress die? It's becoming the next Green Hill.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    [​IMG]
    Well I totally forgot I bought this. :v:/>

7. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Now I want them.

8. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I couldn't because Europe. :argh:

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Looks like they fixed the eggman nose colour error from their earlier examples where it was yellow.

10. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    This Mania Eggman has made me true to me username again. <3

11. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I love the shorts. Classic Tails was especially cute in the latest one. ^_^

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Not sure if intentional, but dusty Robotnik somewhat resembles his Sonic 2/3 palette.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Alright, between this and the opening, I hope a Mania 2 (probably too late for Plus) gives Tails the ability to throw Sonic. No game has had it yet, but it's been used a lot in the other media.

I was hoping Tails would be a bit more standalone in this one, but I guess Adventure is his time to shine. Aside from a couple of errors (Eggman missing gloves in his first shot, missing wing in post-credits scene), animation continues to be great. I'm gonna guess the next episode is Knuckles focused. Being Tyson's favorite character, and how he been treated in other media, I'm looking forward to this one a lot.

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
  15. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    I don't know about you, guys, but best moment of both episodes is 0:55 of Ep2. Maybe I just need Sonic Shorts again...

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    No see Tails kicks him. Completely different :v:. No classic-style game, not even Advance 3, has Tails throw him while flying.

17. CollectiveWater

CollectiveWater

Like I said in the "Mania Plus" thread, animation in this episode was really wonderful--loved it. Wouldn't mind if this gets bigger funding/distribution for a full season after this 5-episode promotional run, though I understand it might be more difficult to come up with and sustain for an entire season purely sight gags/gesture-based communication with no dialogue if the episodes were 12-22 minutes long.

Figured I'd link to this rad shirt made for "Adventures." Very cute design.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I wouldn't mind if the next 2D Sonic project came with a similar-looking, full-fledged animated series in which the main characters had spoken roles, as long as they were kept silent in the games.

These shorts work fine wonderfully without voice acting, because they're almost like game cutscenes.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Personally I'd like to see the next 2D Sonic game look like these shorts.

Sprites are fine but can we have 2D Sonic goodness with modern visuals?

20. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

I wouldn't mind seeing a hand-drawn approach to a sprite-based game, but I'd actually like to see something a bit more graphic or stylized than the Mania Adventures style. I personally like the separation of cartoon and in-game designs. I like my in-game styles to look more... technical? It's strange, the only modern 2d games I can draw parallels to are Rayman Origins/Legends and Wario Land Shake It, and I didn't actually care for the Wario approach.