don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Felik

Felik

Trailer theme. Full ver.

2. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Talking about Taxman and Stealth, I think it's been about a year since they posted here ?
    Does anybody know why they aren't posting anymore ? They were quite active around Mania's release, but nothing since then. Kind of a shame, I loved to see them talk about the development side of things.

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I'm assuming they were probably told that the PR team will handle anything about the product. Contractual stuff likely.

4. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member

They haven't posted here because they've been busy getting Mania Plus ready! I'm sure they'll post more after MP releases.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    GeneHF hasn't been around either, despite leaving SOA a couple months ago. so I think it's a SEGA NDA thing.

I find it hilarious if one of things you have to agree to when signing a SEGA NDA is "You cannot post on Sonic Retro".

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It might be, even Aaron posted on here back in the day but he never posts anything here anymore.

7. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    I think more than likely it's any fansite. Can't have Sega showing favoritism seeing as how Sonic fandom can be an ugly domain of religious lunacy at times, Never mind that Mania exists because of the Maniacs of Retro but I don't blame them.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I think I saw Stealth swing by not too long ago, hope that didn't effect anything.

Nah it's understandable, just wish they could post on their off time and not be perma-blocked off from us. they are still our friends, we do miss them.

9. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think it's more that it's difficult for Taxman, Stealth and the rest of the team to say anything here without potentially breaking NDA. What can you really say that is interesting otherwise, especially when people can read into what you say.

I doubt that there's a 'No Sonic Retro' rule :v: more likely that they are just being careful.

10. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Just 'tuned in' and this is absolutely awesome news!! Sonic Mania Plus is going to be released ON MY BIRTHDAY!! :D :D

What a fantastic birthday present this will be for me!

11. See now this two thread system is kind of screwing me now because I want to read comments about the trailer today, but that means going into the spoilers thread and catching glimpse of the leaked stuff that I don't necessarily want spoiled.

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Logging in for the first time in almost a year (gotta conserve those sweet, sweet trial posts y'all) to geek about this awesome refresh of Mania. I quite enjoyed Mighty and Ray in the Archie's Comics and I love Mighty's new Comet Drop (I wonder if it just breaks certain objects or can actually be used to bound over spike traps?), as well as the fact these two dudes take their running animations from SegaSonic, which is fantastic.
    While I've already been spoiled on the big thing coming in the summer update, I'm sure there's more to Plus than what we've been told/shown thus far and I'm very much looking forward to it. 17/07 can't come soon enough!

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Well, Ray's ability goes to explain why they'd fix things allowing you to go over parts of stage that "only harm speedrunners".

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    For what it's worth, I believe that discussion of the trailer is perfectly fair game in this thread, hence why I specifically put "non-leaks" in the title. If it's been officially released, it should be discussable. The reason we made a separate thread last time was because someone got a version of the game early.

Feel free to discuss the trailer!

15. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    No discussion of what's covered in magazines and other media outlets, though. Right? Do those count as leaks

This guy has the right idea. Waiting to make a spoiler thread mere hours before the trailer and magazine release was not a good idea, imo. Literally the only thing worthy of a leak in that thread is
    the metal Sonic boss fight

16. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I dare say if a publication on general sale has covered it, it's not a leak (or if we're splitting hairs, it may still be a leak but sssshhhh). If even those bother a person; the options are to just deal with it or stop opting-in to reading a thread discussing publicly-available information.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Basically, this.

18. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Yup. If SEGA's said "the general public can see this now" whether it's through the official Sonic channel, or publications, I wouldn't call it a leak.

If SEGA's said "This Is The One Thing We Didn't Want To Happen" - It might be a leak.

19. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    In that case, as soon as I saw how Ray "glided" I instantly thought of Cape Mario (<-*edit* - thought it before I saw that Tweet - just a better example of what I mean), and rata [below] has just reminded me of the Sonic 2 GG/MS hang glider.

20. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    I think it is more like a glider, you may lose some horizontal speed to gain height, besides working with the D-Pad instead of double jump. I also think that it isn't a matter of 'borrowing' abilities, how different could you do that with a flying squirrel?