don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Harmony Friends, Apr 25, 2018.

1. GoldS

GoldS

Oldbie
    USA
    Is this from an older build? It's missing the transitional colors between the sky / mountains seen in the trailer.

EDIT: Nevermind, the Buzz Bomber is covering it up. Trash please.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh finally there's a better quality of that Famitsu scan, but I only have this one snippit here:

[​IMG]

Whether it's encore mode exclusive I can't tell but it looks like you can swap between characters now.

Also this:

[​IMG]

Damn it I want that version of the cover instead. Not that the US/UK one isn't good (It is, and bonus points for not using American Assface Sonic from the 90s), buttttttt my god do I love the Japanese Sonic Mega Drive covers. They've been a huge influence on my art and I went out of my way to buy all those games from ebay because I love the art on those covers so much. Seeing how this harks back to that I need it.

EDIT: Also the higher quality scan shows that Angel Island is indeed a level due to the HUD being present. Probably an Encore mode level I'm guessing.

3. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    So you can swap between characters, hey ?
    That look really, really cool. I wonder why they didn't show this on trailer, oh well...

And that Japanese cover art is awesome as well.
    I wonder if it'll have a cheesy english inspirational quote on it.
    Definitely a missed opportunity if not

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So this is speculative nonsense but given how Encore mode is another added half of the game...

What are the chances Hyper Sonic comes back in some form :v: If there was ever a time for it this would be it.

5. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    [​IMG]

This image fills me with joy.

6. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Well if you want the Japenese one, Import it. the Switch is region free.

7. IndyCotton

IndyCotton

[​IMG]

I'm so used to giving, and now I get to receive. Thanks so much Mania Team.

Edit: Espio'd.

8. My friend who's got a decent handle on Japanese states the caption says you can swap characters. I approve of that addition.

I'm pretty hyped for the game. I hope there's some surprises we don't know about-- I hope Angel Island is a full zone, etc. Pretty exciting it's in July!

9. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Yeah, interesting that Angel Island is not shown at all in the Plus trailer.

GOD I want that Mega Drive cover from the JP physical copies...but I only have Xbox. :( :( :( :(

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hmm, and that is the version of the game I don't have. And Day 1 or not I have the PS4/PC versions to upgrade day 1 so it doesn't matter.

Ya know I just might.

11. IndyCotton

IndyCotton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gosh, this entire sequence had me laughing and then crying tears of joy all the same. God bless Tyson Hesse and Studio Yotta for making the return of Mighty and Ray so beautiful.

Maan, July will kill me with all the amazing games coming that time.

12. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Hm, if the Famitsu scan is correct, it seems you can now switch characters on the fly. Nice. I've been waiting for that ability since Popful Mail (Kudos to anyone here that's played that one).

The bromance between Knuckles and Mighty was a nice touch. I guess classic Amy is locked up in an asylum/Robotnik trap somewhere.

13. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I love how Sonic briefly looks at Tails before the handshake as if to say "Well, isn't THIS awkward.".

Roll on July!

14. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    Oh shit son, is that some fully playable Angel Island?

Whitehead and Stealth must still really be trying to get that Sonic 3 remake out with how much content from it has been jam packed into Mania.

15. IndyCotton

IndyCotton

Wonder how they'll compensate for the game difficulty itself if so - and if we can extend this concept on the main campaign itself. Hooey.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Even if we can't I have to imagine such a feature would be easy for hackers to implement in the PC version only with more freedom. Actually someone already did something like this with the Sonic Tag Team mod but they abandoned that project. But with any team combo where you can switch back and forth? So many possibilities. Knuckles and Mighty, Tails and Ray, Sonic and Mighty, Knuckles and Tails, Sonic and Knuckles, Ray and Knuckles. Finally all my save slots can be unique.

Oh hey look at this:

[​IMG]

Crush 40 played a part in this trailer apparently.

Also anyone notice how Mighty and Ray's super fast run animation is similar to their run animation from SegaSonic arcade? Nice touch.

17. Felik

Felik

The new trailer song. Full version

18. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    CHARACTER TAG TEAMS IS THE FEATURE I NEVER KNEW I WANTED.

IT'S OFFICIAL. FAVORITE SONIC GAME PERIOD.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly I'm with you there. Sonic Mania's lack of a complete feeling and me being spoiled by playing Sonic 3 Complete on consoles always held it back by the slightest bit, but now it's going to be finished and then some.

If ever a game was close to perfect for this would be it.

20. Character tag teams is a game changer. I've always wanted to play as Sonic + Knuckles, or Knuckles + Tails. With Ray and Mighty in the mix, things just got that much more diverse, and to think you'll be able to switch between them? I'm in Sonic heaven.

Gonna have to echo everyone's feelings towards the spectacular trailer. That ending shot is now one of my favorite frames of animation in the franchise.

It feels like I'm discovering lock-on all over again.