don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Falk

Falk

I think I remember this.

Time flies.

2. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    oh right that was the local news thing sbout how sonic causes autism right? :specialed:

3. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I am hoping that posting in here isn't taboo since no one has commented since October, but I wanted to point out that on youtube someone posted a video about how to access the characters without unlocking them and that there were a couple other secret characters as well. The video showed that Nack the Weasel was programmed into the game but only used as a test character and is not an unlockable. Here are the steps documented by a person on youtube:

"First start a game so you have a file.

Then quit out and open up SClassicF.ini as instructed. Go under your game number and find "Character = 0" - replace the number 0 with 3. Save.

Then, this is the part that was screwing me up - DELETE you the sclassicf.sav file, which presumably exists to avoid tampering. Don't worry, it'll come back once you start.

When you go to the data selection screen, you should see Fang as the character.

This works with 4 (Ashura), 5 (Blue Knuckles), 6 (Shadow) or 7 (Hez) as well, but they will not show up iun the character icons, implying that Fang got the furthest along in development."

It is too bad you canned Nack from the final game. I thought the unique movements of his in the video were pretty cool. When I install and play this game I'll probably setup a second installation to perform this hack on so I can also play the game as intended.

4. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    You may rejoice, then:

Red Hot Sonic plays Sonic Classic 2 Beta

First shown on Sonic Classic 2 topic, it has those extra characters, which could fail to make to the final game again, anyway. Well, if the game itself is ever finished.

5. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

something something bird guy something Member
    Sorry if I'm derailing the topic, but now that Sonic Classic 2 is being worked on, does that mean sprites from Classic 1 are going to be released to the public?

6. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I rushed the release of this game. They'll all be playable in SC2, in both the older levels and newer ones.

They're finished in SC2. They will make full appearances. Along with a few more. Also toying around with a custom character application to release alongside.

If there's a demand, I'd be more than happy to release the sprite sets of everything.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I remember when playing around with character slots in Sonic Classic 1 I got some like singularity of characters once that was like Shadow, Fang, and Metal Sonic at the same time (and IIRC those were my Metal Sonic sprites too from ages ago). It was weird because they couldn't move anywhere though. It was clearly a glitch state but still.

Shame, I would have loved to play with my Metal Sonic sprite sheet in a game.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

if I knew how to submit to spriters resource I'd upload the BG's too.

9. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

something something bird guy something Member
    Thanks!

Though i meant everything, Tails, Knuckles, Monitors, the Badniks, etc.

oh and here is the title screen in japanese:

[​IMG]

10. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That's a very vague or otherwise very heavy workload you're asking of him to provide, which you're not even providing any sort of thanks for the Sonic sprites, at the least.

11. I can help you with that. On every game section there's a button that says "Add New Game" then you add your own icon for the games section. The standard game icon size is 240x125.
    Uploading options are done via from either an image link or your computer, including icons. Sprite icons are 148x125. When adding a new game, you get directed to submitting sprites.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sprite icons are usually done by enlarging the featured sprite of your choice in the center enlarged at 2x with transparent backgrounds. Sometimes, large sprites stay 1x and fit in the icon space nicely.
    They also accept zip archives if the files are big or in individual image files. The required image format is PNG

Hope that helps

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Would it be a PC game? Or do they have a dedicated fan-game section?

Shouldn't be a problem either, I'll see about uploading them to spriters resource.

13. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Sonic After the Sequel has a page on TSR, so it seems plausible that Sonic Classic could get a page of its own.

14. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Or to more specifically answer the question, yes it would be under the PC section.

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Since the game is old as balls now, and I think hoarding sources would be selfish. A Christmas present to all! Here is the source to Sonic Classic 1, and a prototype source I also found.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JD5cZMQa2ilWORAREJNHXuNVxJOJbXS0

Since I won't have the sequel done in time, I figured this might be something to tide people over!

forewarning there is a link to some NSFW stuff that got embedded in there somewhere. Link is dead, and I have no idea who put it there. You've been warned.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ASSHOLES!

16. Yoritoshi

Yoritoshi

São Paulo
    Cosmic Boll
    Trying to run the WS source on Fusion 2.5, but it keeps asking for the INI++ extension even if I reinstall it with the ext manager.

Edit: The old proto worked, and there's neat stuff in it! A bit of Mercury Mines, a Music Plant zone and a port of The Doomsday!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  17. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    This... this is Sonic Worlds with 2P... oh shit. Oh shit.

18. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

The challenges that i try to completed, that's already completed, are still having the X mark on them.

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I totally forgot it had that. Interesting, and kind of useless nowadays with online play being more favorable.