don't click here

Sonic Runners Adventure leaked

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Apr 7, 2017.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Wonder what the ETA is on Android? I enjoyed the original Runners well enough so I'd be interested in downloading this one.

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's already on the Play Store.

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    And so it is! Looks like my search skills failed me (looked earlier, couldn't find it but found it now). Thanks for directing me to this, think it's worth the download and I'd like to have it on my phone.

For now if anyone feels like contributing more impressions, that'd be awesome too.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Pretty cool so far. I'm not a fan of the scripted sequences between "sections" but the levels are pretty well designed for the most part, and the game's much better performing than the original Runners.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Oh? what are you finding in there? got me curious now.

6. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    So how long until we can hack it open and replace the assets with the original Runners? :v:

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    So, I just finished the game and obtained all the stars.
    I expected this game to fill the void in my heart that opened when the OG runners was discontinued, but it just make me want to play it even more

Is there any way at all to play it again or I am screwed ? (maybe with an android emulator ?)

8. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Already finished it up with full stars and all achievements. For as fun as it was, it was definitely a much faster burn than the original.

9. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Welp I kind of jumped the gun on some things. See, Ninji (formerly Treeki) and I had ripped apart Sonic Unleashed for J2ME years ago. Through the use of a J2ME platform emulator (KEmulator) and a hacked JAR file, Ninji managed to extract all the data files. Then, we reversed the image format, he made a python script to convert the image format into PNGs, I reversed the animation and mapping formats, and I made some PHP scripts to generate complete sprite animations and level maps.

Same developer, same platform. Same formats? Eeeehhhhh... not entirely. The compression format is still the same, but they changed the image format; we pointed the Python script at all the assets, and got no image data.
    We're just both too busy with life to work on reversing the new image format, considering all the sprites are in this game are crappy pre-renders from the iOS/Android game.

However I did get all the audio. Download some crap WAVs and really short MIDIs! [77.6KB][ZIP]

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well least you tried man, thank you! post whatever you got on the new image format, in case someone tumbles on this topic 1 day in the future and wants to try cracking it.

11. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox