don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I have Steam and the Switch CE version so far, so I've only bought the game twice. But I don't intend to buy Plus on both PS4 and Switch. Also bought several T-shirts and three copies of the vinyl soundtrack. Every penny was a penny will spent.

2. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Fingers crossed it'll be up on Amazon UK tomorrow. When it becomes available I'm gonna opt for the PS4 edition.

I already own two PS4 copies (collectors edition and the PSN release), so a third copy won't do any harm...

Also, have it on Steam.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Disappointing there's no PC physical release. Not all of us buy everything on Steam.

4. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ihtfJ2qEs

I wanted to share this video I found on YouTube that summarizes my thoughts on wanting Amy for Mania.

5. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Whelp, since we've seen the GENESIS and the PAL Mega Drive box art, I thought I'd mock up a shitty Japan MD box using the same art. I would love to see how SEGA handle this if Japan does get a physical release.

[​IMG]

6. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    I'm curious to see Mighty and Ray's 3D model in the Special Stages.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I hope they're not the ones who took over the Scott Pilgrim project for the last DLC. That didn't work very nicely.

And very specifically, they should add a "floating in place" animation rather than reusing the "flying at fast speed" one, if they plan to keep that odd "true final boss" (...but they should really add an actual epic boss battle before it, or even in its place).

8. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Whilst it definitely was a kick in the teeth to see how lazy the Wallace DLC was (I remember being mad I missed my chance to get it... until I saw the Youtube footage. Wow, dodged a bullet there!), somehow I feel like it would be more suitable for Mighty to simply be a Sonic trace-over! Lazy? Yes. Keeping with the spirit of Mighty's previous sprites? More or less. ;)

Ray should definitely be a whole new set of sprites though. I'd dread to think if he was just a lazy Tails trace-over or something.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I can see Ray borrowing Espio's animations, though. They look kind of similar to those in the SegaSonic arcade game.

10. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Well, that changed this from a preorder to a "eh, I'll see if it is worth it after release."

The team that made the core of Sonic Mania know what the hell they are doing. A third party outsource dev?... Yeah, not really thrilled.

11. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    Wait, is this DLC solely made by this outsource dev team?

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yeah, that would disappoint me as well since I hate Steam, but a few months ago it turned out that Mania doesn't run in Windows XP anyway, so a PC physical release wouldn't be useful to me after all.

My girlfriend has a Switch, though, so I might look into buying that version instead, I really want to play Mania in one way or another. Too bad that she doesn't like Sonic at all so I'm not sure how much I would be able to play it.

13. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I presume when Aaron said that Sega have "stolen Christian Whitehead away" he meant a future Mania project like a sequel that's way too early be announced, so the outsourcing of this to another studio makes sense. They'd want the primary Mania team working on something new or at least one would hope. Most reassuring thing is that Sega seem to be focusing on Mania 100% so a sequel should be inevitable.

Just waiting on the pre-order links to become active in the UK whether it be through Game or Amazon. Then I'm pre-ordering to show my support (already have vanilla Mania on Steam).

14. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Mania 2 seems like an inevitability at this point.

I just hope they go for all-original levels next time, or at least a heavier lean towards original levels than remixes (say 8:4 instead of 4:8). I think the team has proven themselves with the original levels that were in the game, and just in general.

15. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Same here. I would like to get any detail regarding that third party dev, and what are exactly doing with the rerelease. My hype would fall deep if they're entirely in charge...

The only thing we know is that the original gang is back together, like in pre-Sonic Mania release times.

16. Flygon

Flygon

I tried to pre-order yesterday at EB Games, but the clerk seemed rather surprised it wasn't in the system yet.

Seriously hoping Australia doesn't get fucked over yet again.

17. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    As if Mighty & Ray are back.

I wanted a time machine back to 1993 and I got one. Hot damn.

18. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Thanks. I just saw this and was going to share. I totally get it now.

19. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Yeah. Representation matters and all... Better luck in Mania 2.

20. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

co-signed