don't click here

Sonic Ready to Take 2018 by Storm at SXSW 2018

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Feb 1, 2018.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Just under ~3 hours! Also thanks so much for the link. This looks like a better stream going than the others. Well I know what I'll be watching come 8.30pm (GMT).

Last minute prediction is that something Mania-related will be announced. Hoping for Sonic Mania Plus or word of Mania 2. We'll see soon.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hmm...
    HMMM!

3. Linkabel

Linkabel

I wouldn't get my hopes too high, Tyson is there to go over the Mania opening and probably talk about the IDW comic. Jasmin is most likely going to talk about Sonic Boom season 3 since she's in charge of that.

Though I will die if they announced a new tv project with Tyson in charge of the animation.

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Just less than two more hours! Sucks that I'm stuck at work, so I'll be missing the stream. I'm guessing we'll be getting info on Sonic Mania Plus, or maybe even a sequel.

5. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Less than 90 minutes! ResetERA is chanting "Sonic Mania 2" in overwhelming unison - though those guys love to get overhyped for stuff like this. Personally I think Sonic Mania Plus is a safe bet but it might be too early for a potential sequel. Would love for one to be announced though! It's also a miracle nothing has leaked yet. Kudos to Sega on that one. Remember we should also be getting sales data for Mania and Forces - so I'm looking forward to seeing how Mania specifically did (hopefully exceptionally) also.

I shall be tuning in to the stream when it's time and look forward to discussing the news with you guys later. Have a feeling this is going to be good.

6. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    This.

Spare a thought for those of us who will miss the livestream due to other commitments.

1 hour 20 minutes to go, enjoy the festivities, folks!

7. I realize that the future of Sonic is for the next generation. I'm not "too old" but I'm also not buying games like I used to. So for me, even though I have my preferences with Sonic and I hope I eventually get my dream game (full 3D Sonic 3&Knuckles inspired game....or basically Sonic Adventure 1 done perfectly) I sort of don't mind whatever SEGA decides for Sonic's future, as long as the take good care of the blue ring boy.

That said, announcing Sonic Forces 2 would actively tick me off right now. Super unlikely as far as I'm concerned but if they want to make a sequel to THAT.....I'll just pretend Sonic doesn't exist until an eventual Mania sequel releases.

8. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    40 minutes! Also someone on the SXSW Twitch chat channel just said "Shadow the Hedgehog 2 by Platinum games" and I think they were being serious. lol Made me laugh.

Honestly hoping for Mania news, from sales data (hope the game did extremely well) to Project Plus, to word on a potential sequel. We'll see very soon.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If Platinum did it honestly I think I'd be excited.

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    honestly Platinum would be *the guys* to make something as stupid like this work, and I've been saying for years Platinum should do a Sonic game as over-the-top and as anime as possible. The idea of edge incarnate shooting aliens and ripsawing into machines is just inherently funny.

Blaze it. 10 minutes 'till.

Also I wanna appreciate how real the sanik hype is with this:

[​IMG]

we in hereeeeeee

11. Am I late yet? Im ready for the HYPE.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

Looks like some new Mania esq art. That's a good sign.

EDIT: Well not quite, it was used before, just it's been given some shading. It was used for their "Thanks for 3 Million Followers" post on Twitter.

13. https://www.twitch.tv/sxswgaming

EDIT: Oh shoot, missed this entire page, last post I saw was asking for a stream heh.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sonic 3 - "WHOOOOOOOOO"
    Sonic Adventure 2 - "WHOOOOOO"
    Sonic Colors - "yay"

lol lovely

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    (even though Colors was far more playable than Adventure 2, but let's leave that for other thread)

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Announcement 1: Mystic Jungle environments are coming to Sonic Forces Speed Battle.

Glad they're still supporting that.

17. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    I guess Speed Battle is popular enough to get more content?

18. Did not at all expect them to discuss hard numbers with Mania/Forces and don't expect to ever get it. Its shooting themselves in the foot. We won't ever know for sure what happened. Just have to judge the future by their next moves.

19. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    [​IMG]

I love everything about this image.

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Mmm, this is good line-reading cringe so far.