don't click here

CR Sonic, rare promotional video?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MathUser, Mar 3, 2018.

1. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxAuUxFcj3g

I just saw this video of CR Sonic that I've never seen before. It shows what the game was really like. It looks like modified version of Sonic Adventure 2 but it also has a side scrolling stage like the old games.

2. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Oh wow, this is really cool to see. Only flicked through it briefly but it's pretty neat seeing more use of the SA2 assets. Also seeing the Egg Golem fight in a sort-of 2D fashion makes me dream of what the Runners bosses could have been like with a bit more experimentation.
    Japanese announcers using cool English words is also something I'll never get sick of :v:

3. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
  4. Pretty cool, but man that video fried my brain :v:

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Doc Eggfan seems to be a Naomi enthusiast, maybe he knows something else about this?

6. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    This one shows much more, real gameplay, without stupid theories like CR Sonic being a Sonic Adventure 2 arcade game. It is not. It's a Pachinko. People are starting to believe this is a real "sa2 arcade" like Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 were on arcade at Megatech and MegaPlay cabinets.

7. PkR

PkR

SADX Dreamcast Conversion, The Emeralds' Awakening
    I hope this gets dumped one day, it's probably useless as far as the actual game is concerned, but it looks like it could have some unique textures and a higher poly SA2 Sonic model. Would be interesting to see how much of it can be salvaged for use in mods.

8. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I'd like to chime in my two cents as well to crush some dreams some more - it is actually suuuuper common for video pachinko games such as this one to use footage taken from the game they're based off of.....or even new footage using the same engine, like the Persona 3 pachi machines.

Too bad it is only pachinko though!

9. Ted909

Ted909

the future kick your ass Member
    Never heard of this, and I thought I knew about most of the interesting Sega arcade games! To be fair it is a run of the mill pachinko machine but the fact they made one with the Sonic licence attached is pretty neat. I also appreciate the Segaworld London footage at the start of the video :)

10. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Does anyone know what the '3's are all about in that video? As I don't know a word of Japanese anyway, I can't seem to work out why getting a 3 means you win (along with the 3s hovering in the top left and right of the screen)? - nor do I get the numbering system as a whole (it's been a long time since I played SA2 [well, I've only played SA2:B], so is there anything about 3s in there which might be connected to this game?)

11. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    A rather infamous one is a Metal Gear Solid 3 pachinko machine that Konami released a few years ago that remakes MGS3 cutscenes in MGS5's Fox Engine, even though no such game exists

Pachinko is basically just a glorified slot machine. You drop silver balls down a playfield where they turn spinners and fall in to special slots to trigger bonuses in the game, which usually results in payouts of more pachinko balls. Either you run out of balls or win so many that you cash them in for merchandise or whatever (like tickets at Chuck E. Cheese, but more like real gambling)

The 3's probably just mean they triggered a certain kind of bonus, which given how the game operates, happens almost totally at random. I've heard that in order to "finish" a given Pachinko game (as many of them can indeed be "beaten") you have to sit there at the same machine for hours at a time failing the same bonus checks over and over and over until you finally get lucky and advance to the next segment

Basically somebody had the bright idea to add story modes to gambling machines in order to encourage people to spend more money to see how things end, even though these are not games of skill and only advance through story segments arbitrarily

12. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    My question is when is this machine from? Is it circa 2001 or is it a newer machine that just happens to have a lot of SA2 going on?

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    So weird to see SA1 Emerald Coast assets being used alongside SA2 areas.

But SA2 used SA1 assets during beta, so I guess it shouldn't feel too weird. I wonder if this may use any earlier-than-final SA2 assets...?

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    CR Sonic

15. Windii

Windii

Robot Stonks Riser Member
    Where did you hear/read that???