don't click here

My Destiny (Rewrite Possible?)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by ITmaster, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITmaster

ITmaster

I'm nothing but a shadow of the night... Member
    Philippines
    Sonic 06 (Total) Remake
    Is it possible to change the lyrics of the song to be more about changing fate and making the most out of your memories instead of the cringy lines that pertain to Elise loving Sonic that she is willing to find a way to get back to him?

Seriously, I hate it when a good song, with a good musical score and all that, pertains to that weird ship that no one wanted. :argh:/>

2. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    There's a lot of things in 06 that can be changed for the better :v:/>

3. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Do the lyrics specifically mention Sonic? It just came across as a generic love song to me which could apply to anyone singing about anything. Of course we associate it with Sonic '06, but it can potentially exist as it's own thing.

As Johnny Gioeli of Crush 40 once said: "It's about love, but it doesn't have to be a person, you can love your Car, you can love your Tattoo, you can love Yourself, if you feel love then that's all you need."
    (Not regarding Elise's theme, but you get the idea..)

4. ITmaster

ITmaster

Philippines
    Sonic 06 (Total) Remake
    Sure, but is it possible to change the lyrics of this song to pertain it to something else. Even if we take away Sonic out of the discussion, we still have a woman that needs to love someone. Question is, who?

Don't worry, I'll be the one to overthink this, since I'm making this for a complete rewrite of Sonic 06. Still, is it possible to change the lyrics to mean something else, or should I go and create Elise's love partner, if that were even possible?

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    So by rewrite, you mean you're gonna change the songs, or the plot ? (or both?)

6. Unbekannt

Unbekannt

Previously MiSHiKiS Member
    I mean, yeah you can swap the lyrics for songs as long you can keep it at the same rhythm.

A certain artist named Weird Al Yankovic has been doing this for years.

7. ITmaster

ITmaster

Philippines
    Sonic 06 (Total) Remake
    Yes, both of them, though the songs would be a minor change, just needed to fix some lyrics to stray away from what Sonic 06 used to be.

Interesting... That would actually work.

8. Wait, weren't you the guy doing the Sonic '06 fanfic rewrite?

9. ITmaster

ITmaster

Philippines
    Sonic 06 (Total) Remake
    Yes, I am. I have made progress recently, now that I have finished some of the story.

And who do you mean by that, would that be me or someone else?

10. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Is this a fan game you're making or just fan fiction? Lol if the latter

11. ITmaster

ITmaster

Philippines
    Sonic 06 (Total) Remake
    It's the former, though I have to fix the entire story first, and that means starting it from scratch.

12. urlogic

urlogic

Unless you have a team of highly dedicated people and you are highly dedicated yourself, you probably won't even finish the story re-write...let alone finishing an entire remake of the game. Think of the 06 remake that's already being made... it's been in the making for 2 years now and only 2 and a half levels are completed. Until you have a lot of work done, you really shouldn't post about your project here at all. Sorry if this sounds mean.

13. ITmaster

ITmaster

Philippines
    Sonic 06 (Total) Remake
    I get that a lot, I know I got a lot of work cut out for me, probably needed manpower, time, and skill to do this. But I will say this, I do have the dedication to do this, and I am seeing this through to the end.

Okay... That being said, this has gone off-topic already, so it's time for me to close this one up. If you want to talk to me about this, just message me in this forum or in discord (it_master#5803).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.