don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. witapepsi

witapepsi

Meseta Stealer Member
    Pumpkin Hill, IL
    Just discovering!
    Sonic the Hedgehog Golf is a Java mobile game that's pretty easy to find online. It also includes Sonic and Knuckles as playable golfers. All you need is a Java emulator to play it or if you have a Java phone, you can find a way to play it there.

2. Here's a link to the ROM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p96o61iymqj7u40/Sonic%20The%20Hedgehog%20Golf-5.jar?dl=0

And here is a link to a Java emulator: http://javaemulator.com/java-emulator.php

Note on the ROM: I scanned the files with Defender and VirusTotal and it seems OK. You have to click "keep" if you're using Chrome as it's an unknown file type.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Neat, thanks!

4. I forgot to mention that you need a pretty decent computer (or at least in my case) because it's slower than molasses.

5. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Ah yes, the Turbo Touch 360

7. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Something that's surely well-known to some, given that it's publically available on an official SEGA website, but something I hadn't realised until today:

There's an early version of "Open Your Heart" (featuring some quite different vocals) which can be heard around 20 minutes into the Sonic Adventure Tokyo International Forum Promo Video. What I hadn't realised before now was that a clean MP3 version of this early variant of the theme is actually available for download from Sonic Team's official Sonic Adventure webpage, on the following subpage: http://sonic.sega.jp/sonicadv/info/maintheme.html

Fun to be able to hear this version clearly - definitely glad they rerecorded the vocals later down the line, though, haha! XD

On a side note, since for some reason all of the character narration overlaying this segment of the video exists unused in the actual game, this means it'd be technically possible to recreate the audio for this portion of the video in higher quality - not that there'd be much point in doing so, mind, since unfortunately there'd be no way of increasing the quality of the accompanying visuals to match.

8. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Spotted this at the supermarket today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Those look soo cheap, like dollar store cheap. but it would be good to document that for the wiki.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, at least the plastic bag looks cool.

11. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Sonic -> sound.

I mean it's right there and they missed it.

12. Windii

Windii

Robot Stonks Riser Member
    I've recently come across this version of the Tokyo International Forum presentation of Sonic Adventure, which seems to be of the highest quality of all copies on YouTube but is unfortunately set back by the egregious frame-blending which keeps it from being the definitive version. Another thing about it is that the uploader claims that they got it from a Dreamcast Express demo disk in the video description, but they didn't state which volume it's from and I've searched all known volumes but found nothing. So whether the frameblending issue is the fault of the uploader or the actual video file itself remains to be seen.

I really wish a VHS of this presentation is found in good condition and properly digitized to 480p 60 FPS format one day. Especially now that the game is turning 20 this year. That would be such an awesome anniversary surprise.

and I would also love someone to digitize the original Japanese Sonic OVA VHS tapes for hardcore completionists like me

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Happy Year of Tails, from his creator.
    [​IMG]

So glad to see that Yamaguchi hasn't lost it a bit after all these years, his drawings are still as wonderful as back then.

14. Windii

Windii

His description on the drawing is pretty interesting. He shares some cool little info on Tails's design development.

- Tails was never meant to either be a tanuki or a girl at any stage of development, both were misunderstandings. The latter happened apparently due to how his chesthair was drawn.
    - He actually designed Tails with 5 years of age in mind, not 8.
    - One of the early designs for Tails didn't have the white area around his eyes, and also only one tail.
    - He decided to give Tails a favorite car (Lotus Super Seven) because he was informed internally that Sonic has a favorite car (Lamborghini Countach).
    - The 3 hairs on his forehead are not actually supposed to be growing from the center, but from the right side. The early figures and classic figures of him made in the West don't have them growing in the center. The very first big plush had them in the center due to how it was sewn.

15. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Great find! I personally haven't heard this version of the song before.

+ - Also, the 'people who can not play' with the picture of Naka is priceless  

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    You're making me second guess my maths.

2018 - 1992 = 26?

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well the anniversary for Tails was like, 2 months ago. Maybe the guy just didn't get around to drawing it fast enough.

18. Windii

Windii

Well, he does say in the description that he planned on posting it in November but didn't make it in time, so now it's just a New Year's card.

19. Chainspike

Chainspike

Stealing rings since 1994 Member
    Death Egg Zone
    S3C Delta
    This is interesting considering Sonic Drift had parts where Tails would be missing the white area around his eyes...

20. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Um, what white area around his eyes?