don't click here

Sonic Runners Adventure leaked

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Apr 7, 2017.

1. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Is it possible to rip the text for the story cut scenes? I tried searching through the awesome archive Techokami posted, but I couldn't find it. Thanks!

2. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    It's in the archive. Start at address 0x14850.

3. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    How do I get to address 0x14850? Do I need to use a special software? (When I unzip the archive, there's a bunch of files but none of them start with 0x14850. Sorry if this is a noobish question. I did search on Google but couldn't find anything). Thanks!

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    How can you have been a part of this community for twelve years and not learned what a hex editor is?

Try xvi32.

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Someone has to grab the J2ME version of this

6. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    @DigitalDuck Thanks for the suggestion. I tried experimenting with the archive but couldn't get it to work. I think it's outside my current skillset! If anyone is able to post a text file of the story text, I'd appreciate it. If not, not to worry.

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    http://youtu.be/ah2rn3YLkYE

"Out now" apparently means actually not on the Google Play Store and our download link is broken on non-mobile browsers :specialed:!

$5, btw.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya very oddly handled release, particularly interesting because you'd think the Sonic social media would mention something about it.

9. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    They probably don't want to take any attention away from Mania.

10. RibShark

RibShark

Could someone who has bought this say whether it fixes the shortcomings of the original? I enjoyed the original a lot for the actual gameplay, but it was ruined by everything else. I'm thinking of paying the £3 to be able to play this.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It fixes some of them but is still rather barebones. There are missions, actual goals, and different modes (There's timed, laps, concrete fixed piece levels, extend the unlimited by getting clocks), but the levels are more concrete as less of them are unlimited, so there's not as much randomness. There are also more default themes. But there isn't any mode outside of story mode yet and there are less buddies and characters, so unlike the original Runners once you beat it you beat it, there's nothing really to go back to yet. But unlike the original Runners, it doesn't turn your phone into a toaster, it runs well, it's not as cheap or random when it comes to unlocking things. It's a little uglier though, so that's a shame.

So yea. If you liked the original runners and don't mind spending $5 on something that does the core of the original game much better while currently excluding any of the extra content that was originally there, then yea go fetch.

12. HeatPhoenix

HeatPhoenix

I guess the problem for me in this is that the visuals (of Runners) and SEGA nods/collectability of the Buddies is what pulled me in. This has neither.

13. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov0Biq7lv90&feature=youtu.be

Took 'em long enough.

Is that Ohtani's score? Has something changed behind the scenes of this game?

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That trailer reminded me a lot of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnQdzRXVQ8U

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Do you think Forces and Mania caused a delay in releasing this game? or at least Forces to promote Speed Battle.

16. Woofmute

Woofmute

stuck in ram Member
    turning into a dreamcast
    It's available to preorder on the ios app store now, expected to release on the 20th.

https://twitter.com/gameloft/status/941397425775837184

17. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    So I take it Android/Google Play around the same time then? Talk about a botched launch. This should have released properly back in August across normal channels. Ultimately seems like a poor and mishandled follow-up to the Sonic Team developed Sonic Runners. I would take a chance on this but it doesn't seem worth it. Sceptical of anything Gameloft and I wasn't even that impressed with the original Runners and that had a better developer.

You guys think it's worth taking a chance on this? How does it compare to the original Sonic Runners?

18. MartiusR

MartiusR

I've finished it some time ago (bought on Gameloft's site, by some bizzare reason I had price for russian region, despite living in Poland).

Levels have some normal length (so instead of obtaining billions of points to finish one level you just need to run from point A to B, sometimes it has slightly different rules (e.g. you've got short level which you need to beat in three "laps").

I've got the impression that game is overall more fair, there are definitelly less situations than in original Sonic Runners, when player virtually didn't had a chance to react on time. Also - the most annoying thing in original Runners (obtaining new characters) is much easier and faster - which is kinda important, if you want to collect all "stars" on all levels (every level has some additional challenges, such as "destroy X enemies as Shadow" etc, for completing challenge you're receiving star).

Sadly, playing with "power" characters (Knuckles, Vector, Omega) is still (in my opinion) the hardest (I could swear that sometimes they're not reacting as they should), and since all levels are "fixed" with gameplay style (in other words - every level is adjusted primarly for one type of characters), it means that "power levels" were a bit irritating for me.

But overall - it's decent (for mobile game) title. And definitelly less irritating than original Sonic Runners.

19. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Now that the game is on the app store, I finally had a chance to play it, and I gotta say :
    It's nice.

The game itself seems to have good level design, maybe even better than the OG runners, but I still have a lot of problems with it.
    I don't like how it looks. All the assets seems to be straight out of the original runners, but they removed the cell shading for some reasons. I really liked the cell shading in runners, it made the game look really stylish.
    We went from a sleek looking game to Sonic Schoolhouse Runners, it's really jarring. They also changed Beyond The Speed Of (which is like one of my favorite theme in the whole franchise) to green hill zone...[EDIT:They replaced Fly Away by sky sanctuary. Fuck me]

There's also not a lot of content right now. Runners had dozen of characters, you could literally play as mephiles, the werehog, tikal... They where annoying to unlock, yes, but at least they where here. (At least give us Amy, damnit)
    Gameplay wise, it's been overly simplified; you can only upgrade your characters to level 5, there's only a few companions, you can't play with two characters, there's no endless mode, no special costumes, no wisps...

It's still a fun game to play, but I wish they would add all of these missing characters and stages from runners. Though I have the feeling they're just going to abandon the game now that it's out on all platforms.

20. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I've got the JAR for the J2ME port. It looks familiar in here...