don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

loads of assets

edit: and the unimportant red guy

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    So Infinite is just the last member of some Jackal Squad and Shadow kicked his ass, making him fall prey to Eggman's latest creation. I? mean, he couldn't have done this yet again with Metal Sonic? In the end Infinite is Night of the living badnik number 17 (#1 being Knuckles and #2 being Shadow and so on...). Hahahahaha.

SEGA/SONIC TEAM WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Next time let's go with brain washed Tails.

3. Pengi

Pengi

I like the idea of a Sonic villain who's just an asshole who wanted to be stronger after a humiliating defeat. That's a solid, no-nonsense premise.

It sounds like the real problem is how Infinite's cringe-worthy dialogue doesn't match up with his "just an ordinary jerk" backstory. (And that he's apparently set up to have a rivalry with Shadow but spends the entire game fighting Sonic.)

4. RikohZX

RikohZX

The problem is that Infinite is a super cocky, super arrogant and super stupid Metal Sonic with an ultra smug voice and overpowered abilities.
    All undermined by the real superpower of teamwork.

5. serpx

serpx

So, where's the other reviews? Did TSSZ break embargo or something?

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This is bothering me a good bit more than it probably should.

7. RikohZX

RikohZX

I feel they wanted to take an idea from the Archie Comics with Eggman having his various hired super boss minions or whatever, but just like almost everything else in Forces, they don't attempt to justify or explain much about that so it kind of comes across as "oh eggman has a mercenary squad under his hire that shadow apparently killed the rest of???"

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

Honestly, the whole Eggman hiring animals doesn't bother me at all. It reminds me a lot of the comics with him hiring the Rogues, Fang, Bark, Bean or having animals as sub-bosses/grandmasters.

It also gives a little bit of depth since it shows that not every animal in Sonic's world is a goody two shoes and are willing to work for Eggman.

The trick though is to make it interesting and have it work.

9. It all feels a bit weird when there hasn't been any other animal characters in the series beyond Sonic and his nearest and dearest. Now all of a sudden there are animals working for Robotnik.

Its not like they haven't had ample opportunity to have a shop keeper critter or even just have people and animals (sonic like) talking to each other.

Oh and my delivery is delayed. Thats a first for me from Amazon.

10. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Same. Not that I'm screaming out for it asap but it does shake my confidence in Amazon to get it Day 1 when I know the game store 10 minutes away from my house is stocking Bonus Editions.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    There's no embargo, Sega just didn't send anyone review copies. The reviews that have popped up so far are due to broken street date purchases

12. I got 4 nights on the trot at work. At most I would have got about 4 hours in.

Same thing kinda happen with me with Mania. Literally got about 3 hours into it and then had to start getting ready for work. Humming Ruby Delusions all night whilst sulking. don't think I'm sulking about this one.

Saw some of the later levels. Look ok but they are so short.

13. (Crossposting from spoiler-free thread, mods pls don't kill me)

The Obligatory Steam Pricing Rant:
    The price for the game in the United States is $40 USD. Seems reasonable enough. Then you look at the price on the Australian Steam store, which is... wait for it... $45 USD. Yes, they have made the game more expensive for Australians to purchase IN AMERICAN DOLLARS.
    I'm aware, of course, that SEGA are hardly the only publisher to do this. Ubisoft have done it recently with South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Asscreed Origins (and no doubt countless other games). It's a policy of mine to never, ever purchase a game on Steam when the publisher has done this bullshit (as if the presence of Denuvo and the actual game being tripe weren't enough to completely turn me off) because it's so disgusting to me. Most confusingly, they didn't even pull this shit with Mania - that was $20 USD on Steam both in the US and in Australia. What the fuck?!

14. Sable

Sable

finished the game - I personally like it a lot, definitely my second favorite modern sonic after unleashed. there's places where it could be improved, but overall it was very solid imo. episode shadow kind of reminded me of SA2's mission 5s - very challenging and fun to play despite being visually messy in places. also love that the shonen anime serial escalation is back, nice to see the literal sun about to scorch the fucking planet with campy vocal music playing

7.5/10? maybe?

my biggest problems are kind of janky physics at times, not many of the wispons are particularly useful (i picked up cube and stuck with it basically the entire game,) pontaff-ridden localization, and... zavok was one of the worst bosses in 3D sonic history

also this is more of a personal problem but i didn't get any clothes i really liked until like, literally the last level? i spent most of the game in a fucking seifuku because there was nothing better until 30 minutes from the credits

stage 3 of episode shadow reveals that infinite had him trapped in null space for several months leading up to the events of the game, after he defeats the illusion created by the ruby he joins the resistance and regularly partakes in conversations with the rest of the crew

15. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Just got back from Target and popped the game in. Wish I'd known my XBOX needed some 3GB update. What gives? I was just playing South Park not even a couple weeks ago.

16. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Cross-post of my thoughts from SSMB:

Fun fact: my dumb OC from when I was nine? Went off the idea that Sonic Underground was canon, and shipped Knuckles X Sonia. Incase you needed any more evidence of why I was a goddamned idiot.

17. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    lmao the PC version is broken as shit
    it just... crashes consistently after the 2nd level
    nice job

18. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    It's related to denuvo, disabling your internet or starting steam in offline mode fixes it

laughing_overlord.jpg

19. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Fucking Denuvo, starting shit again

It doesn't even work as DRM

20. ItsBrieDude

ItsBrieDude

my brain is the spinning seal gif Member
    Well.... I guess with the 30FPS cap on Switch and the PC port being broken if I ever do decide to pick this game up It'll be on PS4. Was hoping we could at least get something decent on PC.