don't click here

Spoiler Free Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    UGH. I mean, come on guy. I have no idea what the Dragonball game is like, but I can safely say that the other 4 games shown are absolutely better than Forces is. Does it mean you can't enjoy Forces? No. I think I'll enjoy it, and I'd probably prefer to play that over the others just because I love Sonic. But it's not better than those other games. (Well it's kind of hard to compare Forces to most of those games, the closest comparison would be Mario Odyssey, a game which is absolutely better, but even then the games are still pretty different).

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It was also a joke

3. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Found this. Might have been mentioned already, but just in case.

[​IMG]

As for the game. I'm not sure. The reception to this is all over the place. I'm tempted to buy the game, but I might wait it out (Might be getting a new PC built and I don't have a Switch). Trying to hold back from looking at spoilers, but can't say I care too much if I accidentally run across them.

4. I've been monitoring my pre-release emotions for a while now hoping that my excitement would grow, and it just didn't. I'm really trying hard to give it the benefit of the doubt, but just from what I've seen from the official Sonic YouTube, pre-leak posts on the spoiler thread, and here, the writing is on the wall that the game will just be another ehhh game that everyone will forget about.

I'm still buying it, but hopefully I don't have a doom and gloom mentality throughout the whole game.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If you're on the fence like I was I would recommend spoiling the game. I know that sounds like a dumb thing to do but the marketing for this game was ass. The best way to know is to watch it and get a feel for it that way. Don't piss money away on something and then hate it. Watch some videos, read some reviews, figure it out that way. I can say after spoiling the game for myself that I think I'll enjoy it, but others have spoiled the game and think less of it because of it.

Pro-tip: Don't buy something you won't enjoy :v:

6. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA
    I don't want the game spoiled for me, I just want to know: is it longer than Sonic Generations or Colors? Are there many more stages in the game than what was shown off in the marketing or is that most of the content in the game? The second question can be spoiler tagged if people find that to be spoiler-y.

7. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    The game is longer than Colors and Lost World. I can say that much.

If you wanna get more in depth:
    In terms of how much content they showed off, I'd say about 30% of the game has been shown off so far. In terms of zones/worlds, they've shown off more than half of them.

One thing I will say. The marketing for this game, has been very, very shitty.

8. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

I'm not sure I'd say it's longer than Lost World. I haven't seen everything Forces has to offer, but, from what I've witnessed, the stages in Lost World U/PC seemed to last longer on average. Even in terms of number of stages, I think Forces may only have slightly more.

Colors Wii beats it terms of stage count even before factoring in Game Land, but most of Colors' stages are extremely short, with only about 1/3 of its acts being full stages. I think Forces' stages are usually around the length of a full Colors stage.

Edit: Even though I only talk about the length of the game, I realize some people may consider that too much information to be left out in the open.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    IMO The game is the same length as Colors because the stages are much shorter this time.

10. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA

All very helpful answers. Thank you very much!
    That sounds just fine for me IMO, as I actually really like Colors's stages, about as much as Generations honestly. Even if they are linear, they still are a ton of fun. If Forces manages to at least be as platform-y as Colors, I'll still probably enjoy it.
    EDIT: The deciding factor on if I get this game or not is if the game is a good PC port. Even if it's a Sonic Lost World-tier port and relatively bare bones, that's good enough for me.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    If you really like Colors' levels, and understand that they'd be a fair bit less involved without the Wisps and can kind of imagine where that leaves things, I think you might actually have a pretty OK time with Forces if that's about where your expectations are. I'm envious and hope you wind up digging it.

12. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA
    Thank you! I'm not very picky as to what Sonic needs to be for me, as long as it's fast and there's some platforming I'm going to have fun with it. Like I said, PC port needs to be solid though.

13. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Is the retail Switch version of Forces a download code? I thought it was a physical cart?

14. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I don't know if that will mean anything in the end but it seems like a dedicated development team is working on the PC port.
    [​IMG]

15. Sonic Forces minimum PC specs are up on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/637100/Sonic_Forces/

16. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    I have to admit, this is pretty great for a low budget promotion
    https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/926121932625293313

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  18. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    The link don't seem to work.

19. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Looks like that's an issue on your end.

20. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    You need a US Nintendo account to see the link. For some reason the offers aren't out in Europe.