don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I disagree that it's "what you see is what you get." Plenty of parts that you see look like they are playable and they really aren't.

2. It just turns my stomach, honestly.

I've always liked and respected Mario. I played Mario before I ever played a Sonic game as a kid. But once I got into sonic in the classic days, I almost never looked back.

Fast forward 20 years and.......ugh.

Sonic is just an untapped goldmine waiting for a group with ambition, focus, and skill. I know with every once of belief that a true classic inspired 3D platforming Sonic can compete with even the best of Mario.
    At this point though, I really don't think we'll ever see it without a drastic change of some sort.

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I'd go one step further and say that SEGA's the only company outside of Nintendo that has such a well-rounded and well-designed set of IPs. The sheer amount of wasted potential is staggering. If only they were serious about getting good again, there is so goddamned much they could be doing.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So according to some account on my Twitter, Sonic Forces' street date has been broken.

Now for Mania, I wanted to remain relatively spoiler free. For this? I got a lot of spoiling to do because I need to analyze this nightmare to determine whether or not it's worth purchasing.

How'd someone manage to get it a week and a half early though?

5. Looks like people are getting their hands on copies already.

Doesn't look like he is going to be dropping spoilers which is a shame!

EDIT: Ninja'd by Dark Sonic! Agree with you about spoilers though, I will be actively looking for them. Sega hasn't shown enough so it will be good to see if what they are hiding is good or awful!

6. MiSHiKiS

MiSHiKiS

I've honestly never anticipated spoilers so much in my life. I'd at the least want to know what happens in the story just to get it out of the way because of how ""it impacts the sonic canon""

7. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    inb4 its another "nothing that happened mattered, lets go get chili dogs guys :^)' ending

8. You know guys... I think the soundtrack is going to be all right.

Click for nice things.

As for everything else. Everything seems so lacking when even compared to Unleashed Day time.

9. MiSHiKiS

MiSHiKiS

Sonic stops Eggman's complete annihilation of the planet and just leaves. And at the very worst, Eggman loses half his mustache and Classic Sonic has less reasons to grow up.

10. I guess that means that for Space Port we're getting some kind of remix for Final Chase?

11. Classic Sonic looks into a puddle of water and notices that he is starting to develop green irises. D:

12. Frostav

Frostav

This is not good at all. Why are there so many fucking remixes in a game that isn't supposed to be a fucking throwback like Gens was? What happened to Sonic having unique ORIGINAL soundtracks?

Even the soundtrack of this game isn't very good, sheesh

13. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    because if they recycle old content people will be too busy feeling nostalgic to notice how artistically bankrupt the franchise has become

14. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    I mean it seems like the Shadow levels will have SA2 remixes. That's cool I guess.

15. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I like it

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'll give Forces some credit here, while the Shadow levels will be reusing assets, doing remixes of SA2 music for them at least denotes a level of effort put in on the sound side. They could easily have just reused the track composed for the Forces stages the assets are from, or to even just paste the SA2 tracks as is. Also, outside of Shadow's stages I'm not sure what other remixes Forces is doing so far? I haven't been paying close attention, I suppose. If we really wanted to delve into this, a fair bit of 3D Sonic music gets into sampling, so even soundtracks we perceive as holly original still have a fair amount of unoriginal elements.
    For example, I love SA1's soundtrack to death, but this is fairly blatant:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOBYSrsbVc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxy1g1PDcjQ

And then, of course, SA1 also tackles some 3D Blast tracks.

17. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    HAPPENING STATUS: IT'S.

So so guy's leaking the game. Heres the link to the uber spoiler stream.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    God damnit, The official sonic channel stopped it. hopefully someone got the footage of what was shown of that stream already.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Classic Sonic is Mania Sonic confirmed. His reveal cutscene has the gall to use a riff from Mania's theme

20. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    they brought back a Lost World stage. I almost want to buy a copy just so I can have the pleasure of burning it. I'm that angry.