don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Haven't seen Blaze yet.

If game renting was still a thing, and ever was a thing on PC, I'd do that for Forces. There's enough here that I think would be entertaining for a few hours. All the level design is bleh so far. However, all this pandering to nostalgia for 2000s story edge is... working. I'm kind of ashamed of that.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I know what you mean I hate it too.

3. Unbekannt

Unbekannt

Previously MiSHiKiS Member
    Game renting is a thing I still wish existed, but I once bought a game on Amazon, played it, didnt like it, and was able to get a full refund by the next month. Sure, i lost the money from shipping, but id rather lose 7$ than 60$. Think of what you could get with that, thats like 6 sandwiches.

https://youtu.be/M09aIuEvktc

There's also this fan translation for the newest Japanese trailer out, and thought itd be worth sharing. The phrase "Become Sonic's reliable sidekick" stuck out to me as hilarious, Tails is rolling in his grave

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I hit up Redbox occasionally for rentals, but judging by the Coming Soon section on their site, they won't be stocking Forces.

5. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    People are so gullible. Nice trailer, you know what other game had a nice trailer?

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCc32P672_0[/media]

If only the game was as good as that trailer.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well so far this game looks more boring than downright broken. The trailer made it look more exciting than it probably is, while 06's trailer made it look less broken than it was (unintentionally I might add, as the trailer build seems more polished than the final somehow). Look8ng back though, 06s trailer doesn't look that great, but that was 11 years ago when I was far younger and far less jaded. Kinda hard to compare.

But this trailer's doing the job of a trailer alright :v:

7. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    There have been better Sonic games released after Sonic 2006, also. Sonic Team learned their lesson after that game, we know it's flawed, blablablah.

8. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Was actually trying to make a point to NOT get too excited over the trailer especially after all the negative gameplay feedback we've gotten up until this point. There will be enjoyment to be had in Sonic Forces but the last thing needed is for everyone to get their hopes up for something that looks average at best.

Granted, I've already decided not to buy the game (Xenoblade 2 special edition with limited edition controller will I AM AN UNFUNNY SHITSTAIN me) but consider it a word of warning about a pretty trailer giving a false impression of the product.

On an unrelated note: I know Sonic Team generally doesn't give a shit about continuity but should we consider Classic Sonic having had his timeline split in Generations? Following the logic of Dragonball Super, anytime someone goes into the past and changes something (such as meeting your past self and having an adventure with him) it creates a new timeline. In that instance, the modern timeline can follow as normal encompassing all of the games while a separate branch is established (due to the aforementioned time traveling) encompassing Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3&K, Generations, and Mania. Best way I could figure doing it if we're going for the "different dimension" nonsense.

And as others above have mentioned, where the fuck is Blaze/alternate dimension catgirl Sonic with flame powers?

9. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm still not getting it, it just looks far worse than Generations. And certainly not up to Mania.

The Japanese team are better at making trailers though, I'll give them that.

10. RikohZX

RikohZX

Honestly the English side of advertising has been pretty lazy. From Classic Green Hill poorly slapping on the song and botching the loop, to the first story trailer just being dubbed over with the English lines rather than being made with them in mind and having worse soundmixing than the Japanese trailer.
    Or maybe Sega of America and Sega of Japan aren't cooperating very well again.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    This is always done with animu games so I'm not seeing a problem.

12. RikohZX

RikohZX

I may of misphrased it, but it's more so the fact that it sounds a lot like they slapped the audio onto the trailer awkwardly compared to the Japanese trailer being made with its own dialogue in mind.

Besides, some devs like the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy teams under Square-Enix are known for making lip sync and treating each language with care, compared to Sega, Capcom and Bandai Namco often focusing on one language and everything else just sorta gets mushed on top.

13. juicitron

juicitron

Sonic Adventure Unlimited
    I really feel this though, like there's a contrast in energy between the two versions of the trailer. The Japanese ver. sounds very energetic and confident, while the English ver seems almost like an afterthought. I always prefer the English voices too, so the execution seemed a bit awkward. Not really much they could have done I'm sure, and I bet the kids are eating it up anyway.

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

Sonic Forces drawing by Naoto Ohshima
    https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/922515539733315584

Cool that he did something like this for Mania and Forces.

15. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I think I prefer how classic looks over Modern in that picture.

16. Burezu

Burezu

Butt. Member
    Kyushu, JP
    linktr.ee/IHMTTY

It's nice to seem him doing something like this, but man that looks bad. I'm sure it's something he just threw together in an hour or something.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    [​IMG]

It's the Classic Sonic from the Madonna dimension.
    [​IMG]
    :v:

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Gettin some JP 3D Blast vibes from that:

[​IMG]

19. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

sonic what happened to your legs
    how will you run now

20. Plorpus