don't click here

Sonic 3D Blast MD, 2017 and beyond!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Sep 8, 2017.

1. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Sorry for shattering your dreams, guys.
    [​IMG]

It looks cool as hell indeed.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    RIP Exclusive Lava Zone flicky. 1996 - 2017

For over 20 years I thought you were real.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

What about the Saturn version, is there a lava flicky? Saturn should have enough colors to support the purple flicky, if that was indeed their original intention.

Yeah, I also always thought this was an exclusive flicky.

4. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Heh! I believe I saw this and thought of it, and I'll have to confirm, but I'm positive you're correct. There is no 'lava flicky' in the Saturn version. A quick watch of a play-through on YouTube confirms this.

I grew up with the (inferior, IMO) Genesis version - I got it when it came out and I was like 7. ;)/>

EDIT: 4000th post, wow.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I think we all thought it was exclusive to the zone, I know I did as well. Learn something every day!

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah, this seems to be the thing about it. I don't know if he realizes that some of these changes seem to be made for/influenced by people who never liked the game, rather than those who always liked it and were looking forward to an improved version of it.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    You're right. An ideal compromise would be to have an option menu to toggle the different gameplay changes, but that doesn't seem to be on the table right now.

8. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    So in his previous videos explaining a hidden debug mode, he said that it wasn't ever put into the final build of the game. Do you think there's a chance it's still in the E3 build, or in any of the other protos? I'm kind of tempted to use my nonexistent knowledge of hex editing to try to find out myself :v:/>

9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

This Director's Cut Edition hack is popping all over the internet.

The following bit is a bit crass, but very true IMO.

http://boards.4chan.org/vr/thread/4332104

>game is already short
    >overall the levels are bunch of small square areas, except for that Spring Stadium where you can get easily lost due to all those painful colors on the background
    >some enemies barely attack Sonic, just move forward and backwards
    >bosses are easy and fast to do
    >emeralds are easy to get
    >people still need more things to make it easier

I am having headaches just reading this.
    There is only one level you can die in the first runs if are retarded to run without concerns which is Volcano Valley because magma, but those fire shields make that a piss walk

And the flickes run away? Just saying, if you stay STILL or go nearby the flickies and stay STILL they will go back to Sonic. Just the fat ones will run away but they are so retarded they will get stuck into some corner around that area Sonic is at

>TFW you realize people have problems with Sonic 3D Blast isn't because it's bad, it's because they have cerebral palsy or some form of mild mental retardation

It's like the dev is targeting the audience who weren't interested in the game in the first place and won't play it no matter how many difficulty changes you introduce.

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

And this is how Super Sonic works:

11. It's not just a ROM hack; Jon's actually writing new code so the water won't change color. Like the changes or not, this is really amazing to see.

12. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I like the new floor palette on GG, but I think the new blue palette makes the graphics look less vibrant. The transformation sequence and palette swap Super Sonic look a bit awkward, but I guess he did the best he could with what he had, as producing new prerendered sprites for Super Sonic would have required too much work.

13. Jelq God

Jelq God

Thanks for sharing. I can't speak for cerebral palsy sufferers and the mentally impaired, but I am very much looking forward to playing this, despite not liking the original game. Wild, huh?

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I liked all the changes I saw in this video. That icon that points to where lost flickies are is genius, and I love the little animation he gave for the Super Transformation. The Green Grove palette is better, not perfect but better.

Awesome stuff.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That's... the thing. =P

16. Jelq God

Jelq God

Yes.

Just to be clear, the fact that he needed an inflammatory 4chan post to voice his opinion is really embarassing; said opinion boiling down to "stop [not] liking what i [do] like" is already bad enough. That's not even touching on the fact that he, as himself, was disparaging Jon's (very good and appreciated) efforts based on said opinion.

This is YouTube comment material.

17. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I would say I have a problem with the post in question being unnecessarily derogatory.
    I do not believe that type of speech has any place here and, without trying to "backseat mod", as a personal request I am earnestly and respectfully asking that we as a community refrain from using this kind of speech. I don't mean to put - or view - myself above anybody here in terms of authority, but I find references to mental retardation and/or motor disorders to be not just offensive, but also uninspired and simply ineffective when assessing the quality and entertainment value of a video game ROM hack.

18. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Has this guy come to Sonic Retro yet? Really would like to hear him talk about Genesis development and how he's doing all this.

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Really interesting how he's been able to pull off all of these changes, especially when he delved into the changes to the palette for Sonic/Super Sonic and writing the new camera for bosses.

I'd really like to see his next update cover changes to other levels in the game.

20. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    To be honest I think the artists made the right call with the level palette - the dark browns are used elsewhere, so changing it to green has unwanted side effects.