don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Just scroll down :v:
    Also, the complete screenshot teased yesterday:
    [​IMG]

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ That is some lovely over the top anime esq nonsense. It's perfect :specialed:

As lovely as this is though how about some new levels :v:

3. Episode shadow? Kind of like episode met-

Wait a second...

4. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I might get this just to push Sega towards putting in more playable characters. Maybe then we'll get Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Metal Sonic playable in this.

5. Ok... not going to lie. I like that. Now my mind is full of What if Episode Chaos or Episode Metal happens? Damn dementia infected mind.

6. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Can't wait for episode Zavok!!!

7. Did not see this coming. Admittedly never was a huge fan of Shadow but I do like DLC being done like this rather than clothing for the custom character: more levels, a new playable character (even if he is ultimately just a Sonic skin) and going into why Shadow is on Infinite's side (hopefully not just straight up brain-washing and something substantial/interesting).

Over 10 levels for Modern Sonic would be more than Generations had, although admittedly the stages we have seen so far for Forces have been a bit on the short side.

Episodes Metal, Chaos and Zavok could be fun to show how they were recruited, however I imagine Shadow is getting it because he is basically Modern Sonic 2.0.

Agreed that it's nice to have some kind of indication about what to expect, here's hoping we get to see a few more things over the next couple of weeks!

EDIT: Do we know if this just a digital pre-order only or if we get it with an in-store order?

8. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    That this is Day 1 DLC rather than part of the base game is all too consistent with how poorly handled everything else about it feels.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I kinda feel this way, but the main game is $40, so I don't feel too bad about this.

10. Fox Cordova

Fox Cordova

Ohio
    The Shadow DLC makes me believe that this is a new money-grab tactic implemented by Sonic Team. The fact that you need to spend $80 (Main Game + DLC) just to play as your favorite character in a Sonic game sends a bad message.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2017-18-09-a-sizable-sonic-forces-leak-teases-more-returning-and-playable-characters-and-the-idea-that-tails-died-that-one-time
    http://aminoapps.com/page/sonic/3782660/sonic-forces-major-leaks-analysis-opinions

I'd also like to comment on the leaks regarding Forces. I'm not gonna lie, if the one theory about Infinite being Dead Tails from Game Gear Sonic 2 is confirmed, then it makes me wonder what Sonic Team has planned for Tails himself going forward. I'm also not a fan of Tails being temporarily mind-controlled again for the third time in a span of 4 Main Series Sonic games. It's already been done twice and it didn't do anything to develop Tails's character at all. Why would a third time be any different? Ultimately I see a ton of mishandling on Sonic Team's part here. They're trying too hard to please everyone.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Who said it's $40 for Shadow DLC? It's prob, like, $10 or $15.

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults

Looks awesome.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK THAT'S A SUPPORTING ME REMIX YESSSS

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's a free add-on.

Actually doesn't look bad aside from it being obvious that they put zero effort into what the level geometry looks like.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well actually I'll be damned that looked like fun, I love Shadow's boost homing chain move. And that remix. My god that remix. That's the first piece of music I truly have loved hearing in this game.

15. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I'm intrigued by this weird Lightspeed Dash thing he can do on enemies. It looks like it's probably exclusive to him.

Looks neat.

Also, once again: IT'S A FUCKING SUPPORTING ME REMIX, FUCKING YES

16. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    Definitely going to find out how to make some found fixes once this is out. They've made some weird changes to the use of certain sounds and mixing. Music's WAY too loud when boosting which is really distracting, and the stomp sound plays when you start stomping as opposed to hitting the ground for... some reason??
    Looking cool enough, but I don't think we'll know what to think of the game until we've at least seen some more damn stages. Also if Episode Shadow is story-based, why's the end so abrupt as opposed to being an actual location suitable as a goal? It ends a lot more like a Colours-esque mission.

17. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    The stomping sound issue shows up in earlier footage, too, it's kinda concerning that they haven't fixed it yet...

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Oh, it's free. Nice! Awesome choice of music, as well.

Still not a fan of Modern Sonic 2D levels in general, though. Really wish they'd just drop that aspect of the Boostshit, and further refine it in 3D.

19. Free for both digital and physical! Nice!

Glad that it is going to be a short prequel to Forces and flesh out why Shadow is on the other side. Hoping this reveal is just the beginning and we will start to see more information about the game as a whole coming through.

Shadow's Lightspeed Dash/Homing attack looked very cool and I am surprised how chuffed I am to see him back. The blocks/boxes everywhere around the level still bothers me, I never liked it in the Generations side missions and they still look off to me now. Was really hoping they would show some 3D gameplay...

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I don't know what you guys are thinking but this game looks like a mess, both visually and play-style-wise.

Also the graphics completely scream 'PS3', eww.