don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea. Ummm someone care to explain this lol

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Either he's got something he shouldn't have (was Hydrocity even in that S3 proof of concept?) or I guess someone's working on a widescreen S3&K as a fan project and hasn't announced it?

3. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    The way the numbers on the HUD are placed leads me to think this isn't the TaxStealth S3 PoC. Probably some other fan project.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The way those numbers are positioned does look different... but then the lives counter seems to be placed at the same exact place.

5. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    http://youtu.be/NNRmP5WIKrc

Okay, how many Sonic commercials from other countries are there? I haven't seen this one til now.

Edit: OR THIS ONE

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Sorry, but nothing will ever top this one:

=P

7. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    I think this solves the mystery....

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    We know about that post and what happened with the Sonic 3 remaster pitch, what we don't know is where that clip of widescreen Sonic 3 in that video posted above comes from.

9. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    So he's doing his own remake? For what purpose? What about the legal issues? ... what a mystery...

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think that it may be an early build of Sonic Discovery, since they may have been experimenting with realigning the HUD digits (Mania has them aligned to the right) and it seems like it's using what may be Mania's CRT filter.

A lot of mays there, yeah. =|

11. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    The timer is different.

12. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Given that we know the team directly imported level geometry to build off of (explaining why that's original Hydrocity), AND Mania was likely built on the Sonic 3 pitch build (explaining why that's Sonic 3's sprite), it seems possible . Little odd that the spring's upside-down, though. But regardless of what it is, how did this guy get access to it? ESPECIALLY if it really is an early build of Discovery.

13. CheatFreak

CheatFreak

Catgirl expert. Member
    Apparently that's a project that Aurum has been working on in his spare time.
    https://twitter.com/AurumVG/status/904632056201793536

14. Pengi

Pengi

For the sake of consistency, which spelling should be used on the Wiki? Tamabboh or Tamabbou?

Thanks.

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    There is no consistency on the Wiki, as I pointed out in the second part of my post.

That said, the Wiki uses Ohshima rather than Ooshima or Oshima, so Tamabboh would fit based on that example.

16. Here's a random little thing I just remembered from Sonic CD. I don't know if this is well known, but Palmtree Panic 1 has a hidden place right after the giant shuttle loop at the beginning (the one that changes your perspective):

[​IMG]

Even though you're not meant to be here, the developers played it safe and placed three of those invisible platforms on the left to prevent you from falling to your death. That's kinda neat.

I loved playing the Sonic CD demo when I was a kid, which meant I'd spend a lot of time messing around Palmtree Panic in every different time period. One thing I always liked to mess with was that giant loop, so I eventually found out you could do weird jumps with it.

Getting here just takes a bit of practice. Run into the loop as usual but jump right before Sonic starts going up and keep holding down the jump button. If you do it right, Sonic will jump off to the left and ascend for as long as you keep the button held down. If you have just the right angle and release the button as soon as you go over the loop, you'll land here. Completely useless, but hey! You also jump as if you're still running where the perspective starts changing, so the physics are a bit weird in this spot.

The remastered version by Taxman changes how these loops work, so you can't do this trick anymore. Interestingly, you can still reach this place with a little creativity. With some luck and precision, you can bounce off one of the butterfly bots from the other side and land here (you first need to travel to another time period and then back to the present because the screen usually gets locked after the loop). Funnily enough, the invisible platforms aren't there anymore, so you just fall off the level and die. Oh well!

17. Xilla

Xilla

There was a Frosties ad in the UK in 1994 too. They were doing some kind of Sonic related free gift. Ad featured Tony the Tiger watching AoStH Sonic on TV, playing Sonic 3. IIRC they coloured Sonics legs like his arms!

18. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Sonic yo-yos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e32FCXqX8LI

19. Pengi

Pengi

Can anyone remember which Sonic Boom or Summer of Sonic Q&A it was where Iizuka (maybe Naka?) was asked about the early '90s Sonic manga? And one where they were asked about changing/updating the Chaotix characters for Sonic Heroes?

20. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Oh hey, a playable demo.