don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Just found out Knuckles' Chaotix is actually just Chaotix in Japan, and they just threw the "Knuckles" on straight from Sonic & Knuckles for the box art. It even just says "Chaotix" on the title screen.

2. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    That's part of the reason I never call it "Knuckles' Chaotix" when speaking to it with people anywhere, 'cuz that name is never reflected on any title screen in existence. :P

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Hell, the prototypes sometimes even had 'featuring Espio the Chameleon" instead of Knuckles' name. Though as noted at the time those were first public, he was like the only character in the game who was genuinely original design

4. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  6. Sirius-R

Sirius-R

basement cave under a rock
    whatever 3AngleTeam/3Angleware is up to atm (currently dead)
    Not sure if this is a proper topic, but I don't want to post this in the original one:

unpopular opinion: SSDs are shit that can't withstand active use
    Sure, I know that SSDs aren't designed for active use, but seeing laptops that only offer SSDs pisses the fuck out of me.
    Like, I want some very compact (12,6 inches or less) business-grade laptop, preferably the one that can transform into a tablet. Lenovo ThinkPad Helix would be perfect for my needs, if not the fact that transformer tablets with detachable keypads simply have no space for the HDD. And that's the problem, as I actively mess with the contents of my hard drive on nearly daily basis. Having an external HDD would sorta suck, as it would be almost constantly hanging on my wire and most of them actively used wires tends to die on me (especially (and mostly) microUSB ones) quite often.
    Should I consider X230t instead? :/

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  8. synchronizer

synchronizer

Captain Vidya's niece?

9. Pengi

Pengi

There was a page from BEEP! Mega Drive posted here a few months ago.

[​IMG]

I just realised that one of these enemies isn't named in the instruction manual. All the other enemy names do match the manual, so they're definitely official.

[​IMG]

Can anyone translate?

On the Wiki we're currently using the file name. http://info.sonicretro.org/Kamemusi

10. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Looks like ????? Tamabboh from where I'm standing, and the text below confirms that he is indeed a kamemushi.

A clearer scan wouldn't hurt, though.

11. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    ????? (tamabbou), roughly translates to "ball bot".

On the subject of the file names, I brought up before that it uses Nihon-shiki rather than Hepburn as the rest of the Wiki does. It still sticks out when it should be Kamemushi, for example.

12. Pengi

Pengi

Thanks guys! I would put it on the wiki, but I'd probably make a mess of the omni.

I also notice that the scan has artwork for the blaster version of Poh-Bee, whereas the manual has the mace version.

My copy of the Cook & Becker Sonic art book hasn't arrived yet, does that have proper names for the other Sonic CD enemies?

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also, the snail seems to be... jumping/hovering? Look at the shadow below him. 0_o

14. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-2-Retro-Remix-16-bit-MD-Game-Card-For-Sega-Mega-Drive-For/32411835016.html?spm=2114.search0302.4.151.2JIXML

Oh, herrow there.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Damn, I had no idea how cheap repro carts were on AliExpress.

16. RibShark

RibShark

Anyone know where the footage in this video at 0:29 comes from? From the HUD you can tell it isn't mania, but the fact that the lives counter is in the top-right like in the remastered Sonic 1/2 makes it look an awful lot like a remastered Sonic 3, and as far as I know they couldn't have used existing footage of the pitched remaster as none exists for Hydrocity (did they even get that far into making it?). Is there a fan project I don't know about or something?

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya good question, what the hell is that? I want to know more about this widescreen Sonic 3.

18. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I just want to play it.

19. CSketch

CSketch

The sketchiest guy you've ever seen Member
    I'm also very interested in that widescreen Sonic 3, but I found out about a different Sonic thing.

So apparently, in 2000 Tiger made a Sonic Adventure..."port"? It was a weird arcade cabinet type thing, and Tiger Electronics' shit is usually pretty terrible but...this is actually quite good...by their standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKYWUfAgX98

I really love the "foldable arcade cabinet" aesthetic and I like the idea of how it's...basically Sonic Adventure's Sonic stages in the form of a Sonic 2 Special Stage, and it has some effort into it...It still looks kind of weird and off to play though. Still, it's apparently very rare and I find it weird how they didn't just release it for their console Game.Com like with the Game.Com port of Sonic Jam...But now that I think about it, considering it has some sound effects from the game like the jumping sound, which sounds wayy more high quality than anything the Game.Com could put out, it may have been just too big? I don't know.

Though I hate that annoying "skidding" sound that plays when you turn left or right, especially when you have to do it a lot in boss fights like Chaos 0.

20. WTF indeed regarding that footage.

[​IMG]