don't click here

Can I transfer my savefiles from Sonic CD, 1 and 2 to a new mobile pho

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by VicGal, Aug 17, 2017.

1. VicGal

VicGal

Greetings everyone, VicGal from Spain here! This is my first post ever on this site, so I might as well say hi to you all. I have been a lurker in this community for about 8 years and I am glad I got accepted as a trial member, and I will try to do my best here (even though I am no romhacker nor someone with a huge amount of free time but... :v:). Hope you are all having a nice day :)

With that said, let's get to the point.

You see, I am thinking about changing mobile phones when summer ends as some sort of "self-given reward" since I managed to finish this year decently (3rd year out of 6, studying medicine). The model I am thinking about is a Samsung Galaxy S7, which are not too expensive right now (managed to save some money this year, luckily) and I have always liked that brand. But you see, there is a small problem. I have beaten Sonic CD, 1 and 2 to death in my current phone, and I really don't feel like doing it all over again (SPECIALLY for CD, I mean Jesus Christ Metallic Madness lives up to its name, specially when doing Time Attack).

So my question is... Is there any way to transfer the savefiles, or the apps + savefiles as a whole themselves to a new mobile phone? I've been looking around and it seems that my safest bet is making a Security Copy and transfer that to the new phone, but I am honestly at a bit of a loss here and I would appreciate some help. Would like to clarify that my current phone is a BQ Aquaris M4.5, and that my Sonic CD version is the one given away for free by Amazon Underground, just in case that makes things harder.

Other than this... I don't have much else to say as of now. I am just waiting for Mania to get released on PC since the thing looks amazing, but then again, a lot of people on this website are in that situation as well. I apologize for any gramatical errors I have not noticed, since I am a bit rusty in my use of English. So, without any further ado, this is it.

Thanks a lot and I hope you are having a great day.

2. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    Did you download the games through the Google Play Store? If so, it's quite simple. Once you have your new phone set-up, you can log back into the same Google Account and then re-download the games for free (even ones you've already paid for). The save files can be copied from your phone to a computer or other device, from the old phone, and then put into the correct folder on the new phone. I can't remember the exact location, but it's not too difficult to find. I'm sure someone else could provide you with specifics, though.

3. If you have a PC or laptop you can copy the save files to you PC/laptop by connecting your Anroid phone with an USB cable. Then you connect your new phone and copy the save files to your phone.

The save file locations are as follows:

Sonic 1 -> Android\data\com.sega.sonic1\files
    Sonic 2 -> Android\data\com.sega.sonic2\files
    Sonic CD -> Android\data\com.sega.soniccd\files

In each folder you'll find the SGame.bin file which you have to copy to a folder on your PC/laptop. So, create a folder for Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD and copy each SGame.bin file into the appropiate folder.
    This is also a good way to keep a back-up of your save files on your PC/laptop in case your phone gets lost or stolen.

4. VicGal

VicGal

Oh I see, I have to do it through PC then... Well that's not too much of a hassle at all! Thanks for your fast replies, Blueswirl and D.A Garden, it's really appreciated. I love Sonic CD to death and its magnificent port can run in a potato, but it's very... tiring, specially when you get to Wacky Workbench and Metallic Madness and you just get swung around without any idea of where the hell are you going... :specialed:

Thanks a lot and hope you two are having a nice day :)

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    If both your devices are rooted, you can also make a full backup of each game with Titanium Backup and then restore them in the new phone.