don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Now that the level select and debug mode cheats have been established, does anyone know whether or not there's a Super Sonic cheat that can be done from the sound test?

2. ancara

ancara

So, big thing that's been bugging me since I got the game: For some reason for the PS4 version, the leaderboards for Time Attack just don't show up/load at all. And when I try to load them up/ect., it just gives me an error acting like the game has to be updated....even though it's the current version, and same for my system.

Does anyone know what's going on, or why it's being so wonky? I want to finally enjoy such for muh e-peen, but I can't do so if the leaderboards can't even load up at all.

3. RikohZX

RikohZX

It flatout crashes the game on my PS4 every time I open them. I think they're not implemented yet.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ That's what's weird though, some of them actually work (I think Hydrocity and Metallic Madness worked for me). If they all crashed that'd be one thing, but why do a handful actually work? It's odd. And yea, I want to flex my Sanic skills, and since they decided to skip online multiplayer (might be my biggest disappointment, but the main game is so lovely I can let it slide), time trial is the best I got.

Well I can now get all the chaos emeralds by Chemical Plant Act 2 :v:

5. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Looks like people are finding ways to break the levels already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGce44gFoMU

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ugh, please fix that. Leaderboards aren't fun once they turn into "Hey can you do the glitch?" It's why I stopped bothering with Generations' leaderboards. It all came down to "hey do that get crazy speed thing or else fuck you."

7. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I've been loving this game so far. A few glitches but nothing major that's getting in the way of enjoying it. The only thing that keeps them from topping S3 and K for me is the fact that it's not all original.

The only addition I'd like in any future updates are that the Blue Sphere stages turn into the normal starpost bonus stages from Sonic 3 and Knuckles when you've completed and gilded all of them and that it says "Sonic and Tails got through Act _" when you clear a stage with both of them. Everything else is perfect.

Congrats team Mania you really outdone yourselves.

8. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    If anybody cares, I have it on Switch and PS4. I play on my PS4 Pro in 4K and it is a higher resolution than the Switch docked. On PS4 it looks pixel perfect but switch is a little lower res. I assume PS4 Pro is doing 4K with it so hopefully PC will get 4K support too.

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Digital Foundry did a video breakdown of how resolution is handled for Mania, and how it compares across consoles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXturRMOzU4

10. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member

That's good to know! Taxman, PLEASE 4K on PC!

11. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

I don't really care for most leaderboards unless I can verify how a time or score was achieved like I could with Mega Man 9 and 10's/Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Wii U's replays or a player's own recordings. It'd be both a learning experience and a helpful way to determine which rank I should care about surpassing since I don't enjoy exploiting most glitches, especially not like the one in that video.

Makes me wonder how difficult it would be to record inputs and why it isn't done more often.

12. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Is that day one patch still happening?

13. No, the whole day one patch thing was pure speculation planned but not rolled out. They're working on a patch currently though.

14. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    OR, they could just do Time Trial Ghost. Seriously, this should be a thing!

15. Is there a secret to opening up the Mania cartridge? I had it open before but it won't let me get to the gold ring now.

16. Just in case Taxman & Stealth still have time to come check out the thread, I wanted to ask something.

Do you guys have the authority to make DLC for this game, or is that still something decided by the higher-ups? You know that DLC level packs would easily make truckloads of money, but I realize how much time it would take to design and do artwork for more levels. Still, I bet quite a few people would be happy with expansion sets to the Blue Sphere and Special Stages. Also, an Egg Gauntlet mode would be pretty neat.

Speaking of which, is there a Special Stage mode as an unlockable or something after you beat the game with Super Sonic?

17. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Compiled a few more bugs I found, for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fME1aHOuTo

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Yeah, it was almost like he was testing the authenticity level they were allowed for the S3K ones, given the others were rearranged a fair bit more (though in fairness how many more times can we stand hearing the original version of Green Hill's theme?).

I admit to being slightly disappointed they didn't use the opportunity to Megadrive the full OST version of Lava Reef though that itself probably has copyright ties.

Yeah....about that:
    https://mynintendonews.com/2017/08/16/sega-says-that-there-are-currently-no-plans-to-bring-dlc-to-sonic-mania/

19. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    Just had a pretty fucked up glitch happen that I thought was too funny to not share. Sorry for it being on Twitter, for some reason my PS4 refused to upload to Youtube.

20. It was stated by some of the developers on one of the public Discords that there was going to be a day one patch and most bugs reported were redundant since they'd been fixed. Obviously, that didn't pan out and no one knows what's up, other than it's coming. Hopefully sooner than later.

It wasn't speculation. We relayed what was said.