don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    This is officially the best week of my life. Today I settled a 3-year-long lawsuit against a very large restaurant chain for a huge settlement (like literally 2 hours ago), and tomorrow I get the game I've waited roughly 20 years for. I know I'm basically bragging, but come on, this is fucking awesome!

2. Ha awesome man!

Enjoy Mania tomorrow everyone that can get hold of it :)

3. RibShark

RibShark

Mania has been released on the Switch eShop in the UK.

4. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    This is fantastic! Mania's doing much better than I thought. I figured it would be in that middling 79/100 range, but it;s great to see it's getting a lot of good marks so far! Can't wait to play it!

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    It's time. See ya'll in the spoiler thread.

[​IMG]

6. EonGenesis

EonGenesis

To everyone who preordered SM:CE at GameStop, your local GameStop mite let you pick it up right before they close today. Call them and ask, because mine is letting me get it tonight.

If this was already addressed, I apologize and please remove this post.

7. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Wooop!

8. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Rather predictably, the date has rolled over and my Amazon preorder ("Will dispatch 14 Aug") is still pending. What a great fucking launch. :\

9. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Congratulations on that, man! Enjoy the rest of the week, it just started :)

Looks like this thread will officially become the "PC Spoiler-free discussion thread" in a few hours :P. Enjoy the game, everyone.

10. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    AUS and UK both got midnight releases? I'll check for US, even if I'll be too tired to play tonight.

11. Xilla

Xilla

This is everything I hoped for, and more.

Looking forward to going to work tomorrow after very little sleep..

12. RikohZX

RikohZX

I'm on US Central Time, so the game will unlock on my PS4 at 11 PM. I've got a handful of hours left.

13. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters

14. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Really hoping for a midnight release in EST! :v:
    I can't wait to play through the game a few times and then join everyone in the spoiler thread.

To PC users: I hope y'all found an alternative way to play the game come tomorrow; I'll be playing on a borrowed Switch myself. My biggest condolences go out to everyone who can only wait for the PC version to release. :( It's gonna be tough for everyone to avoid the spoilers, but I encourage everyone to push on through! The delay really is crushing news for a lot of us here, but I'm more than happy to see that Sega is taking their time with Mania to make sure everything is in check. If it's DRM-related, I hope they're using their best judgement here, but my guess is there's some kind of bug that I know a lot of people would much rather have worked out before the game's release. Reviews will be that much better because of it.

15. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Full controller support showed up on the Steam store page. Could it be possible that reviewers gave the PC version of the game low score for the partial controller support, given it's a retro-styled game? Then SEGA or the devs decided to get more time to implement the full functionality. It makes more sense than DRM or a nasty bug, considering they are taking two weeks of time, and given the delay was after SEGA gave away review copies.

16. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    It'll be well worth the wait for everyone I can tell you that already. <3

17. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Huh, that could very well be it. Still, it'd be nice to know for sure what caused the sudden delay.

18. 3 more hours left for me. (midnight) Down to the wire.

Funny, my Sony receipt said it'd be playable at 9pm, but that's just when it downloads, not when it becomes playable.

It's been so difficult dodging the spoilers and stuff these past few days... lol

19. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Managed to play an hour, when I should be working. This is utterly fantastic. I'm 7 years old again.

20. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    The complete OST is starting to appear on YouTube. I listened to a few bits, and... Tee Lopes is my new hero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.