don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    You're seeing things where there are none.

2. Vangar

Vangar

Hahaha! I think people are getting a little too hyped...

3. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

I think you're just looking too far into it. lol

4. CollectiveWater

CollectiveWater

Ha, gotta say, as someone who didn't mind seeing everything beforehand (getting the game on PC/Switch, have played through the classics countless times, know that seeing the game in HD and playing it myself will be a far superior experience, plus I have some heads-up knowledge of how to handle certain parts of the game--but I totally understand folks that didn't want to know anything going in), it's pretty funny to see what folks are saying in the spoiler-free thread.

Oil Ocean is going to be the most divisive zone in all of "Mania." Even with the great music, nicely updated visuals, making the most sense zone transition-wise from Mirage Saloon, cool Act 1 boss, etc., seems likely a lot of folks aren't gonna like it that much. That streamer was awful at playing the game (and he seems to be a terrible person that holds a lot of egregious views/yells awful epithets/etc.), but yeah having to constantly clear the smoke and the Act 2 boss being slightly more difficult than the rest of the bosses in the game just like in the original... folks that think the original is tedious will probably find this one to be a bit more so, or at least as much. (The oil fire is a neat gimmick but didn't seem to really do anything aside from look cool, unless I'm missing something.) Oil Ocean's inclusion is honestly the most surprising thing in the game to me, even more than there only being 4 original zones and not 5 or 6 like we all were assuming. Imagine many folks--myself included--would have rather seen Mystic Cave or Hill Top be the other remade "Sonic 2" zone. The Act 1 boss in Lava Reef is Mystic Cave-esque and Hill Top Rexons are in it, too, so it feels like they kinda gave a small nod to both zones in Lava Reef, and they did an incredible job with Lava Reef, I think it's much improved over the original. But I still would have loved to have seen Mystic Cave and heard Tee's versions of that incredible music and had incredible new bosses different from the original. Ah well, minor gripe. So many incredible zones overall--some really well done returning ones with surprising moments. Looking forward to giving my full (spoiler-marked of course) thoughts after playing through it myself. (Also thanks to MykonosFan for posting about the achievements/trophies! Now the thing I'm most looking forward to in Oil Ocean is trying to find dat secret sub. Wonder what if anything makes it special...)

5. LewiG

LewiG

London England
    Modding game controllers to be self contained gaming units.
    I am avoiding everything until I get my pc version but I am desperate go know one thing. Can someone let me know in a quoted reply, hidden behind a spoiler button whether ice cap zone is in mania?
    Just a yes or no.

Thanks! Going on a mania black out after that until end of August when I can play.

6. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    No

7. LewiG

LewiG

London England
    Modding game controllers to be self contained gaming units.
    Thanks! See you all in a few weeks. I am itching to play this! My inner child is going nuts!

8. raiongame

raiongame

Little celebration video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZFG2DUJxhc&feature=youtu.be

9. Just-in

Just-in

Here's a random thought... but it does contain spoilers

Part of the lyrics of Infinites theme from Sonic Forces is "So I'll take what's mine, and start this war"

Maybe this is related to the gemstone from the Good Ending of Sonic Mania so maybe he's the one who owns it. This could the reason why Infinite has teamed up with Dr. Eggman is to get the gemstone back.

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    That "Pre- Hardboiled Heavies" theme is EVERYTHING. I can't wait to get that track, regardless of how short it may be. It's doing it's part in writing all the wrongs done by the S&K music replacement and is soooooooo 90s!

11. Got a specific example of this? I'm not one for worrying about spoilers, I've pretty much clicked randomly in the timeline and made myself "mini-trailers" so to say; but I haven't like, blasted the whole 5 hours or so of footage in one go.

12. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I'm not spoiling myself with videos, just with text posted here, so... I have a question: Does Lava Reef include Hidden Palace in it? (Or the master Emerald, at the very least.)

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-

Nope, just the song.

14. [​IMG]

this is way too coincidental

15. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Visiting Lava Reef would have made much more sense that way. Before the leaks, I had the theory that every revisited zone (except Green Hill) would have something to do with Robotnik or travelling from here to there, both in case of Flying Battery. I expected the plot would join distant zones better.

EDIT:
    New classic move: Penis Punch. They should be careful in doing this kind of poses, specially in that concept art.

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    In fact the zone now has buildings inside the crater and looks like quartz Quadrant, complete with iron fences and revesible conveyor belts. I don't actually know why didn't they go the 'hidden palace' route as it's the easier and makes more sense.

17. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    First review is up, by PlayStation Enthusiast

+ - They've given the game 9 (out of what looks to be 10).  

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Funny enough, it doesn't appear that this review spoiled anything.

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-

20. Suzy Lu are doing a live stream / walkthough of the game right now. She's at Chemical Plant, so if you want see the act2 boss...