don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Digging the few + - unlockables   I've seen mentioned so far.

However, checking random pieces of videos, I've become a bit worried about the bosses when I remembered the record of unfair (Project Mettrix) or overly-long (Hidden Palace remake) ones in the past.

Is it at least possible to beat every one of them without getting hit, once you figure out their patterns?

On the other hand, that gachapon boss must be one of the coolest boss ideas for a Sonic game that I've seen in a while.

2. MastaSys

MastaSys

Oh please, i want this so bad. The fact that one is so small of a reference that gives me hope that there is something else in here.

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I wonder if + - owning both Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces when it releases will unlock new content to play like Episode Metal for owning both S4 Ep. I and II   ?

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Man this is the first game since Sonic Advance 3 that will let us go through the sonic as Sonic AND Knuckles at the same time (it's an unlockable!)

5. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Mean Bean Machine and debug mode confirmed as unlockables

6. Poxnixles

Poxnixles

Mean Bean Machine outright emulated or done in the same way as the CPZ2 boss?

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    [​IMG]

8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Liking the sound of the unlockables.

No news of new characters yet, but as long as there's not crippling DRM, Mania would be moddable, right? Could our new generation of ROMHacks essentially just be mania mods now? Generations modding is quite popular, and I can see a lot of cool things happening from our tech sector moving onto modding mania/the retro engine.

9. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

Well. Considering that there are TONS of unlockables .. It's going to be a looooong weekfor me. Can't wait to play it tomorrow night!

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    To the guy posting YouTube leaks, ya fine whatever but put some fucking graphic for the video preview instead of showing something from what's being leaked. Yes, I'm ok with spoiling some things, but that's on me. I don't want to inadvertently see screens from the final boss/ending.

Also, question related to the Extras

I know Sonic & Knuckles combo mode is an option, but what about Knuckles & Tails? Is that available?

11. Epicsuperleader

Epicsuperleader

peelout, insta shield and debug mode are all limited to no save, &knuckles mode only replaces tails as sonic.

12. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    Perhaps that is just a bad ending you get if you don't win all the special stages. Maybe modern Sonic is actually what happens when Classic Sonic fails his mission in this game, similar to the Zelda series timeline. The one where Link fails to defeat Ganon in Ocarina of Time.

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Nope, that sequence is skipped if you don't have all chaos emeralds.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Man it's going to be great once we have this game in a day or so and we can play it properly. Whoever is providing us with these leaked videos is absolutely garbage when it comes to this game and it's almost infuriating.

15. Vangar

Vangar

I'm kinda glad about the leaks. I can come to terms with the ending instead of getting a shock. So is there really only 4 new zones? That seems like a low number, but oh well.

16. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Yeah, I feel better knowing about the zones and ending mix now, rather than during full play. I'm calming down a bit more now and if anything, knowing means I can just focus on getting the most out of the game rather than managing expectations.

17. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

Has there been any mention of a boss rush mode?

This leaker spent possibly over an hour and thirty minutes trying to get through + - Oil Ocean   alone. I'm grateful for the leaks and all, but that was painful to watch. They didn't seem to be learning from their mistakes and started making even more as they got more frustrated.

18. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I mean, if I were playing a game for almost six hours straight, I'd probably get worse over time too.

19. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

What, you mean you don't play Sonic games for more than six hours at a time? That's ridiculous.

20. I haven't seen anyone else post this yet... in the intro animation, Tails makes a 2 with his tails, and Knuckles makes a 3 with his Knuckles![​IMG][​IMG]