don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Inspired by something said earlier today, I've drawn an AMAZING INTERPRETATION of the events that have unfolded. Apologies in advance. :v:

[​IMG]

2. I have no regrets canceling my CE preorder. I'll buy the digital release eventually, probably the day it comes out for PC, but I'm not going to reward the mismarketing by spending extra on the collector's edition, especially when I've already seen it unboxed now... By Aaron.

3. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    You win the internets.

4. I think I found a way to play a Saturn controller on a PS4... takes some daisy chaining and some luck, but hopefully it'll work.

Either get one of those rare Saturn PS2 controllers or find a Saturn to PSX/PS2 converter: http://darius-saturn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2173

Then get a Brook PS2 to PS4 converter: https://www.amazon.com/BROOK-USB-Super-Converter-Controller-Adapter/dp/B01H5PCYYW

If I can figure this out on where to find a converter and if this is a good successful alternative to run a Saturn controller on a PS4 (Or even Xbox One), I'll be more than happy to share.

5. Didn't we already see the CE unboxed a long time ago?

6. RikohZX

RikohZX

okay so i guess i have no principals, i was about to buy the game on my brother's Switch were it not for the fact that there's apparently no way to pre-order

7. Meh, I'll take it if you still have it. :)

8. Xenon Light

Xenon Light

Furry catboi Member
    All this time I've been lurking here, and I completely forgot I had registered an account lol

Leave it to SEGA to find something to screw up. :rolleyes: Fortunately for me, a family member has a Switch that I can borrow, but this still means I'll have bought the game THREE times.

I caved to the temptation and watched the opening animation on YouTube, and failed to notice there were more zones revealed. Close call...and then one of the recommended videos promptly spoils me on one of them by some fucking cuckprick who put it right in the video thumbnail.

9. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    As long as it's ONLY the PC version, I don't care. I was already planning to double-dip on the Switch version.

10. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    This was fantastic. I hope RubyEclipse sees this.

11. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I understand that it's disappointing, but... first world problems.

Even though I'm super excited to the play the game and I am getting the Switch CE, I was still planning on waiting until the following weekend to play it anyway because I want everything to be perfect.

Mania is basically like winning the lottery, I feel, so is it so bad to have to wait a little longer for the cheque to arrive? Ya, I guess a buggy Sonic game would have gone over so much better, right?

Bad situation, no doubt, but acting like god damn Donald Trump is sorta pathetic, sorry to say...

12. raiongame

raiongame

I'm just concerned if this slipped through the quality control net... what else has?

Lost some confidence.

13. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
  14. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I have no idea what you're talking about

[​IMG]

15. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    It's more that this taints what would have been a perfect campaign for this game. That never happens with Sonic, and it would have been great to just have the game come out, and then judge it based on it's own merit. Instead we got leaks and partial delays to deal with. No matter how small, this is pretty much going to permanently stain the "honor" of this game.

"Sonic Mania's great!"

"Sure, but remember that one time they..."

That's mostly why I'm upset. I just wanted everything to go smoothly. But I'm glad they chose to delay the game and not release what would have been a fucking disaster and a half upon the masses.

16. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    + - "We should organize a mob to destroy Sega HQ for revenge."  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NL50_W_mgU&feature=youtu.be&t=50

17. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    You. I like you.

+ - I also did a funny in my blog no one reads  

18. RikohZX

RikohZX

clearly Taxman and Stealth realized that Eggman hacked the PC version to be filled with his diabolical speed traps

19. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    heyheyhey! That doesn't count!

20. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

I KNEW someone would come through! I was looking for an animation, but frankly this is better and right on the nose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.