don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think he's trying to say that Sonic Team should be embarrassed because they've been completely outdone by a worldwide hodgepodge of 'amateurs'.

So it seems pretty disrespectful to both Team Mania and Sonic Team :v: . Clearly he isn't feeling the Mania xD .

2. Linkabel

Linkabel

That pose always reminds me of the one he has in Adventure.
    [​IMG]

I wonder if Sonic Team decided to bring it back for SA?

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I see the new "Yeah, yeah" as a higher quality "hue, hue."

4. Seiph

Seiph

Fatty Lobotnik Member
    I don't think it would be Ice Cap, I'm not trying to sound like a butt hurt fan but yes, the remake zones do have a different look for the Act 2 sections but it was not altered that drastic that it included another theme such as oriental. My money is that it is an original zone which related to the Ninja Hard Boiled Heavy. I was also just thinking and was quite curious if they may incorporate Final Fever's boss into the CD portion of Mania.

5. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    It could be the Angel Island surfboard animation redone for the game. I don't think Angel Island will get the cut but maybe they will possibly use it for another stage.

6. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    So my switch collectors edition pre order on amazon now says its arriving the 17th. Im thinking its not going to get release date delivery.

7. I've never received a preorder Amazon media item on the day of release despite their assurances that Prime members should receive this service. I wouldn't be all that hopefully now. I've got the PS4 collectors edition on preorder but I'm anticipating that I'll be purchasing the PC version on launch day to at least get going on the game while I wait for Amazon.

8. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    XB1 Collector's edition still says TBD

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yup I did the same but in reverse.

10. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I was thinking about this at work today, and you basically had the same thoughts that I had. I'm going to miss the insta-shield, and having it return as a hammer attack with a an animation that makes it clear your hitbox is larger would be a great idea. I do like the idea of a peelout styled move, as it still provides the player with speed, but now you're not bound to the restrictions of slopes while at the same time being more vulnerable than a spindash. While I do like the idea of the hammer jump, it comes at the cost of adding another button besides jump. Now I'm not against this, I'm just point out that it goes against the currently established one button gameplay. What could supplement this is stationary hammer jump activated by Up + Jump. This would give her a unique movement option allowing her to reach higher ledges than Sonic (Though I don't know how useful this would be for levels not designed with this in mind).

11. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    This awesome shit posted yet?

https://twitter.com/AbelMunizJr/status/892815359509544960

EDIT: Gonna add an image. More at the link.

[​IMG]

12. RikohZX

RikohZX

Fits perfectly with Sonic & Knuckles, but looks weird next to the americanized first three covers. :v:

13. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    yeah I just pre-ordered it digitally and put my Amazon order on free shipping. I'm content to wait, and when I get it, I'll give my key to a friend. I know I'm probably going to buy this game for friends several times over anyway, lol.

14. Tomadom

Tomadom

This has no right to look as cool as it does.

15. Linkabel

Linkabel

Oh hey I did that, the download link is in the tweet but here it is as well:

http://bit.ly/2vmS4QN

16. Turbohog

Turbohog

Beautiful. Don't know if I'll actually use this (nothing to put in the case), but thanks nonetheless!

17. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    That looks awesome! Though let's be honest, it should be a Saturn case since this is the game we could have got on the Saturn back in the day if everyone wasn't pressured to make the plunge from 2D to 3D back in the mid 90's. Regardless though that's still awesome! I believe someone did make a ROM hack of Sonic 1 that is called "Mania Edition", you could possibly buy a repro cart of said hack and put it in the case. Or just use it for your flash cart if yours didn't come with a case. (If you have a flash cart that is.)

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    We need a Sonic Mania "Greg Martin" variation box art to make it truly fit in. :colbert:

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I was just thinking about that today. I'll draw one tomorrow :v:

20. Linkabel

Linkabel

True, I actually came this close to finishing a Japanese Saturn cover and starting a US variant:

[​IMG]

But since they made the cartridge and the manual with the Genesis in mind then that put the final nails in the coffin for that.