don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    I don't really know how edgy the song is, but all I could understand of it was darkness. Anyone have the lirycs?

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Jesus christ, you could use that edge for shaving with.

I'm on the train of "this has to be unintentional parody" at this point.

3. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think it's intentional parody to be honest.

4. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I'm not sure you can do "unintentional parody", because that'd just be playing a dumb thing straight.

Either way, I'm satisfied. Even if they don't know what they're doing with the plot, this big stupid over-the-top story is packaged into a game that's actually playable, dare I say even fun, so as long as there's no character moments for the main crew that seem offensively retarded, I'm happy.

5. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I'm all for it. I'm significantly more interested in the game now, and that a story cutscene could do that for me is extremely unusual. Really, I think the game is intentionally charging headlong into early-mid 2000s nostalgia pandering, and on an unrelated note, I am now a senior citizen. It looks ridiculous, and I can't wait to see more.

6. Flygon

Flygon

Focus group testing gone wrong.

7. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

this game will be the birdemic 2 of sonic games

8. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I unironically love 90% of what they've shown of this game, come at me you jaded fucks

Let us have our cheesy Adventure-era nonsense :argh:

9. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    So this Infinite lad is Monster of the Week, right?

I can't wait to have a really disappointing team-up battle against a giant super-powered version of him with the two Sonics and Original the Animal whilst Dr Eggman cheers me on.

10. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

(insincere controversial statements/useless words)

11. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    You mean like the Sonic brand for the last 15 years or so?

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I think literally anything Sonic Team does is going to be called "disingenuous and lame" at this point, regardless of whether or not it is. And that's a shame.

13. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

(insincere controversial statements/useless words)

14. ...I have no words for this.

Although I am laughing hysterically and remembering that last interview regarding Mania and Forces, and "what people want".

15. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    General reaction across the internet is that this is what people want. Average gamers outside the community, as well as a good portion of those in it, are loving how SEGA is essentially making a satire adventure based on what is frankly one of the easiest to make fun of portions of the fanbase. And the wonderful thing is, most of them appear to unironically love it as well because now they can bring there OC recolors into as near an official state as possible.

The last decade or so has been full or serious attempts to tell a story that overall reception seems to have indicated no one is interested in hearing. Why not take a seat and let the funsies-side of the franchise take a swing at the bat.

Or, you know. At least you could hold back on calling the game misguided, lame, or a shit-not-given effort before you actually see more than a couple trailers worth of cinematics.

+ - ...or we could do the same song and dance we've as a fanbase been doing for every revealed picture and brief trailer of a project since the internet was a thing, and overanalyze.  

16. RikohZX

RikohZX

17. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

Hey if people are happy that's great. I said that I thought it looks lame. I guess I don't care as much since Mania is coming out.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean with this and Mania, they're pretty much covering most of the fan bases, save for some outliers that possibly enjoyed Lost World, 06, and Heroes (there's only so much that can be done at once). People here might hate this game, but that's kinda what Mania is for. Granted I don't think the fanbase for this game hates Mania, but I'm sure they're more excited for this. I hope this game is everything that side of the fanbase wants, let them have fun, and hell I'll probably enjoy it too. But I know I'll like Mania so in the end if this fails no skin off my ass, and the modern series will hopefully implode on itself.

19. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

20. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    I don't know
    i hate this, but at the same time, i love it.

I'm gonna get this game, even if it sucks, at least i can laugh about it :v: