don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. RikohZX

RikohZX

Well Gamma is a lot more nimble and spry, and his stages are relatively short, to-the-point and are the most speedrunnable stages in the game arguably, besides maybe Tails'. The Shooting stages in SA2 by comparison drag on for quite a while, don't do a whole lot unique between eachother besides Eggman's low gravity hovering in Cosmic Wall, and have way stiffer, clunkier controls that are a pain to manage with precision jumping. It's easy to see why someone would prefer Gamma.

2. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Shun Nakamura has been interviewed about Forces by Nintendo UK for some reason, again with Takashi Iizuka.

A Modern 3D stage called "City Heights" is mentioned, but from what I can tell it's just Modern Sonic's version of Park Avenue, probably mistranslated. I don't wanna know just how many times I've heard the phrase "We can't tell you [...] yet" in these friggin' interviews, it's like SEGA is trying to withhold some major thing that will change the franchise forever ('snot gonna happen lol :v:/> )

Also, Sonic Team likes wolves:

There was some nice artwork of (Classic?) Sonic - presumably falling into a bottomless pit - I haven't seen before, so I'll just post it here:

[​IMG]

3. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    So, GH isn't the only returning classic stage. Iizuka-san are you sure it's not Generations 2 :v:

4. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    "It's not Generations 2 unless it's all old levels".

Right, and it's not Adventure 3 unless there's a Chao Garden. :v:

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh good, can't wait to see Chemical Plant some more.

It's ok though guys this time the pipe goop is bright pink :v:

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I feel like Takashi "Boost" Iizuka is no longer a fitting title for Iizuka. Takashi "No, it's Not Generations 2, Really" Iizuka doesn't roll off the tongue, though.

7. I guess... maybe Chemical Plant will be on fire?

8. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Probably gonna be Chemical Plant, but now the sky is a different colour! And at the end of the level there's a big scripted sequence with rising water, and you gotta mash the A button in a QTE to not drown :specialed:/>/>

Maybe not just the Chemical plant, but the whole...

(not sorry)

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Brief but positive interview. Also that new art looks absolutely gorgeous. I still have hope for Forces and look forward to playing it later this year.

Sonic Mania is still at maximum hype however, and I'm much more excited for that. It also releases much sooner too.

10. Retroman

Retroman

/Threads
    [​IMG]

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I mean, that's an actual argument I see.

Otherwise, 06.

12. TrackerTD

TrackerTD

Dragon Land is Screaming! Member
    [​IMG]

Sorted, lads. I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be able to add "Episode Original the Character" to this by the year's end...

Anywho, not particularly surprised to hear that there's potentially more classic stages returning. Even with the tweaked GHZ aesthetic, this game is starting to feel just a smidge asset-flippy. I'll wait and see what they've done to make em different, but I'm not holding my breath after GHZ.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I just spit out my water in laughter over this!

I think the best fit would have been for 06, as Sonic Heroes actually had the SAME levels that were repetitive instead of a different skin/angle/time of day like was done between the Hero and Dark versions of each stage in Sonic Adventure 2. It made each level more believable as a standalone.

14. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    How in the world does that look like classic Sonic to you :psyduck:

15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    His arms and legs are kinda stubby.

Obviously it's nendoroid sonic
    [​IMG]

16. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Well this is legit amazing.

Now where's Super Mario 128? ;)

17. Considering that 1. there are going to be new stages; 2. the ones that appear will directly relate to the story instead of just being there; and 3. there isn't a guarantee that the previously-appearing stages will look the same (look at Green Hill), then it would be correct to say that Sonic Forces isn't a Generations 2. Would you call Sonic Mania "Sonic Generations 1.5" for having several old 2D stages? if not, then there is little reason to do the same for this game. As a side note, according to Nakamura in that interview, Modern Sonic's city level is actually called City Heights.

Also, on a somewhat related note, apparently people hate that Warren Graff is one of the writers of this story. Remind me why people are outraged over this. Sonic Lost World's story was not terrible by any means.

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    The writing for Sonic Lost World was terrible.

19. Sonic Lost World's story had better interaction between the characters than previous games did and they arguably have more of a personality. It shouldn't be judged as being terrible just because it isn't a super serious story, even though it is darker-toned than Sonic Colors's story was.

20. Linkabel

Linkabel

I think you're right in that they definitely had more interaction with each other and the characters had more personality. My problem with the writing is when the characters have conversations they don't feel natural to me. As in, there's not a flow in the way they speak and relate to each other or the situation.

For example, in this one Eggman drops the critters to their death and Tails' response? "Whoa, that's harsh!"

Completely takes the drama out of the scene. Even the delivery of the line in the game sounds like Eggman made a joke at someone's expense instead of trying to kill someone.

This whole dialogue serves no purpose at all other than to waste time to show us Zomom is dumb and hungry. Why show his motivations and why he is one of the Deadly Six when we can see he forgot the mustard.