don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    [​IMG]
    There's our producer Lola with the missing award

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Oh my god. Add this to #12343242 of the reasons I love this series. I never knew about this! I'm sure there much more will be in Mania! The alternate routes will have alternate routes. Routception.

3. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    I'm genuinely surprised by the number of people who I've been hearing say they have never found that route. It's so crazy because it had to have been within the first year of release max that I did.. I don't even think about it

4. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

What the hell
    After all these years and probably hundreds of playthroughs I still haven't fully explored the original Chemical Plant Zone
    These games are crazy

5. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    I found it easily with Knuckles

I climbed EVERYTHING.

6. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Things like this make me wonder how much shit I missed in S3&K and SCD. I only just a few months ago discovered that you can push some spikes to the side in FBZ to get to a giant ring or hyper ring.

7. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Oh yeah, I just found it in the past couple of years. Awesome little secret! Nowadays I usually take that path if I miss the big ramp jump nearby that lets you skip the water section.

8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Congrats to everyone working on Mania for all the E3 awards! You guys deserve every one!

9. Interview / gameplay showing more the alternative patches for Chemical Plant Act 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVzB7UIsZ3o

10. Totally made my day being told about the hidden route haha got me wondering about what else I missed over my years and years of playthroughs. Will be exploring the originals again whilst waiting for Mania!

More on topic, congratulations on all of the awards guys! The game looks incredible and I can't wait to get my hands on it, glad that it's getting the recognition it deserves!

11. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    You kids and your Chemical Plant routes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBjnwVjA_r0

Hope this one is in Mania or I'm cancelling all my preorders

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. XCubed

XCubed

Granted, up until 2000 I thought "debug" mode meant removing all badniks...as many are based on bugs/insects...that was my logic as a child. I first activated it in Sonic 2. The best part about it is that I HAD seen someone using it at a BJs wholesale with Sonic 1 back in 1991 in Star Light Zone (Saw someone placing a tone of star posts and an Orbiters) and I went many years not knowing what that was or how to do it. I honestly thought it was a SLZ exclusive thing.

Anyways, I love discovering new things!

Congratulations to you and the rest of the team on your award! I know there will be many more to come!

13. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    hahahahaha I'm in fucking love with this game.

14. XCubed

XCubed

Get the F OUT!!!!!

Which version of Sonic 2 should I experiment with.....decisions decisions. I always played by the rules though.....so I feel cheated. When a wall is not really a wall...damn. I want to know what else Chemical Plant Zone has to offer 25 years later?? Did they pull this stunt in Generations? I don't remember seeing any complaints.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Conversely, I'm surprised people did find it without level maps - I only saw it for the first time when browsing CPZ2 in SonED =P

Echoing the congrats on all the awards!

16. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    That's amazing.

17. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Ha, I discovered the upper route about a year after I first played Sonic 2, because I was exploring and decided to spindash against the wall and my jaw-dropped when I went inside the wall and found this massive new route. I use this route all the time because it's safer, faster and avoids the water. It even has an invincibily item-box which makes the Eggman boss a breeze!

I love exploring the levels to find all the hidden areas and I look forward to doing this in Mania's Chemical Plant which looks epic.

Fun fact: In the mobile remaster Stealth & Taxman tweaked the route ever so slightly to make it more fluid and added an additional even higher route which Tails & Knuckles can access.

Also, congrats on the awards and to everyone who is involved with Mania's development. You guys are awesome!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I was thinking... I still don't know ehy Sega didn't push a 3DS release of this.

I mean... If they are being so conservative that we won't get a physical release, why don't they put it on the current Gen console that best sells Sonic games?

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Count me as among those guilty of not finding the hidden CPZ route until much later. :v: I think I discovered it by Zone 0.

You've got to be shitting me.

I don't necessarily recall Sonic games performing exceptionally well on the 3DS platform. I can understand wanting Mania to be on the 3DS though.

20. Stink Terios

Stink Terios

Nice one.

I actually checked.