don't click here

Hirokazu Yasuhara revealing all kinds of Sonic development stuff

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 22, 2017.

1. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    The middle definitely says ???, meaning "to escape." The other two lines are too blurry to make out.

2. Fucking thank you. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes thinking about it because I just assumed it was katakana like most of the rest of the text, wondering wtf ??% could possibly mean since the last character doesn't really resemble any katakana characters.

I agree that the first line could be Eggman in English (not really sure why it's in English, though) because what looks like the same text appears to the right of the first section of present stages, with "Eggman escapes by time machine" to the right of it in English.

All I can make out about the last line is that it looks like something enclosed in ???.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    HAHA! Me too I was like wtf maybe they meant 'squid' '???' haha

So for now it's

EGGMAN
    ??? (escape)

the last word may be a description of death egg, like vehicle, space shuttle or something. As these 3 words are linked to it (the vertical name/?????) by ':'.

4. I don't think so, I'm pretty sure the : is just the dakuten from?? and a left quotation mark. It would be weird to have a colon there like that in vertically written Japanese.

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    You're right, then we need to wait for the full image on twitter.

6. Montblanc

Montblanc

If you look the small drawings the Death Egg is gone from the mountains, the lines show the empty space where it was. Perhaps it means he used it to flee?

7. ??? Rock
    ??? Oil
    ??? Dust
    ????? Death Egg

I think this could be evidence that Dust Hill wasn't a name for Mystic Cave. It just fits so well with that theme, oil, rock, dust (sand)...

But yeah, others are right that we can't really say for certain atm. Still willing to bet though, so Sodaholic I dodged that tomato for now! ;)

Can anyone here ask Yasuhara about it? He seems quite open to sharing information.

8. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

People are saying that the dome thing in the mountains is the Death Egg. I suppose that's the most likely guess, but there's one thing that bothers me. Why is it present in all time zones, even the unaltered present? If the idea is that Eggman started its construction in the past after time traveling, shouldn't it only exist in the ruined present, but NOT the original present, just like Oil Ocean, Dust Hill, etc.? :psyduck:

Unrelated, but I just noticed something. From looking at the map, the pyramid is an ancient ruin in the middle of a forest from Sonic travels to the past, right? Isn't that reminiscent of a certain SA1 level? Lost World is also an ancient ruin in the middle of a forest from which Sonic "travels" to the past. I wonder if that part was inspired by these early Sonic 2 concepts?

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Dust is heavily associated with mines, which Mystic Cave happens to be.

Also, I'm not sure that you can call "evidence" to arbitrarily change the word "dust" to "sand" there...

10. I just think there's a theme running there... Rock wearing down over time to form dust... oil is also associated with deserts etc. I've never heard of a cave really being dry and dusty, more like wet & slimy (Mystic Cave)

11. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    "Dust" is also associated with snow.
    Diamond Dust Zone

12. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    One thing I don't understand is why after traveling back in time again you end up in a totally screwed future. Maybe it is because eggman sends him there, and without Sonic to save the world he would easily take over?
    Also, 'Sonic travels back to ancient time using hidden [pleasetellmewhat] last period stage is Death Egg. Could mean that hidden whatever is not a stage but a cutscene. But then if that's strict level order, why besides traveling in time, Sonic get teleported from Hill Top's area to Rock World's area? Shouldn't he apear in Dust Hill? Also, no signs of Past Rock workd zone on that sequence. The more I think on this thing, the more confused I get.

By the way, looks like Death Egg literally hatched.

13. Montblanc

Montblanc

In the maps the Death Egg is always there, but in the timeline drawings it isn't. Also in one of the maps the surface is clean, but in the others it has lines of dots making it look more artificial.

I just noticed that in the map Sandy Shower and Rock World end in a beach. Sandy (sand) Shower (a stream of water)?

14. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Oh god, is that is the giant sphere thing is? If so that is really clever.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also worth noting is that the egg seems to be a mechanical construction (with visible rivets) in every time zone but the past.

16. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    So Eggman travels to the past, and converts this giant egg to hatch into what we know as the Death Egg? (I'm imagining some weird robotic sperm). Though he does covert woodland animals into badnicks, so it really isn't that weird of an idea.

17. Kat

Kat

Oldbie
    Quick color job of the (first) "Present" time zone:

[​IMG]

Kind of like Dust Hill, Metropolis doesn't really seem to have any identifiable landmarks on the map.

18. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    @Kat: That looks beautiful with the colours!

19. Montblanc

Montblanc

I think you missed the cascade between the Death Egg and the Wood Zone, it seems to be sorrounded by water.

20. Kat

Kat

Oldbie
    I wasn't entirely sure if that was supposed to be metal or water (I kind of saw it as a metal nest for the death "egg"). If the consensus is water, I'll update it!