don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

Estadio means stadium in Spanish. So... what does that mean in regards to Forces or Mania?

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well the only other stadiums related to Sonic are the website and Crackers ("Studium"). So Chaotix?

3. Linkabel

Linkabel

Hopefully they meant estadío and not estado which is stage.

It would make more sense for it to be stage #2 but maybe they'll head down to Estadío Azteca in Mexico and unveiled stuff there.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Stadiopolis confirmed. =P

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Maybe a Studiopolis Act 2 reveal? It had a "stage" concert vibe going on.

6. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

It means the next hint is at the Sonic Stadium.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/41317-2/

[​IMG]

So you found me
    You've come this far, but we're only getting started.
    Seeing is believing, isn't it?
    Let's test your limits
    I'll meet you at the next checkpoint.
    Until then,

7. 888

E3 E3 E3

Reveal is at E3??

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That'd... be kind of an anticlimax. Like no shit stuff is going to be at E3 lol.

EDIT: Actually I guess they mean more ARG stuff at the end of E3. Still so far all of this ARG stuff has just lead to teases of when the next announcement will be, which are still kinda shitty ways to end ARGs. I hope for the sake of the people actually trying to look for stuff that they're going to get more than that.

9. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    From what I've gathered, a lot of people are a little disappointed with the recent Sonic ARG stuff. I normally wouldn't care about this kind of stuff, but after seeing how the Oddworld Soulstorm ARG is currently unfolding, I can definetely see why this one seems a bit barebones.
    Here's a summary of the ODDWORLD: Soulstorm ARG so far, for people who are curious
    If all we're getting out of this is just a few dates, then that kind of becomes a bit stale and predictable, don't you think? See, what makes the Oddworld one so much better is that not only are they giving little screenshots of the new game, they're also giving background info about the lore behind the new game and what kind of themes you can expect to be explored. Also, the devs tend to pop into forums from time to time to let people know what they doing right and wrong. Basically, the amount of info people get on the new game all depends on how good they are at the ARG.

Now, obviously I can't expect SEGA to do that kind of stuff for Sonic, especially the lore stuff. SEGA are business motivated and they like to release info at set dates. The best that the social media team can do is just keep us in the loop about when those dates will be.

10. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I wanted to ask this question, but I'm not sure if this is the best location for it. Either way, In a recent live stream they mentioned they were going to try and get a clip of the new Park Avenue music with the vocals and post it somewhere on the internet. Well it got me thinking, why don't they have their music for other games on their YouTube channel? Searching on YouTube, you can find basically every song or theme from any game, but they are almost never hosted on the companies channel. Why is that? The obvious throwaway reason is licensing, but think about it.

Lets say Sonic Mania releases, YouTube is going to be flooded by people doing rips or recordings of all the music. But what if the Sonic The Hedgehog YouTube page uploaded the soundtrack instead on launch day? They would also get that additional ad revenue, however small it is. Now obviously there would be more steps involved that I am glossing over, but like why don't game companies "Vevo" out their own soundtracks?

11. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Media that's not accessible. Why is this even a thing? If I had to guess, I'd say YouTube doesn't want to be your go-to platform for streaming audio.

12. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Based on the existence of the YouTube Music app, I think they do.

13. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    This app is obviously flooded with music videos. A channel that features music from games? Why not, but I doubt that an entire Soundtrack with only some artwork in the background would meet their standards.

Don't get me wrong. I love that idea and I'm a huge sucker for video game soundtracks (it's what I listen to almost all the time on the webradio).

14. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I don't know, but maybe it would mean copyright strikes to all those who upload gameplay videos of the games because of the music being on the official channels? Genuinely asking here.

15. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    No, YouTube's automatic flagging offers enough granular control to prevent that.

16. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/872946127296897024

This can't keep happening.

17. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Oh, but it can. Please let this blow up into some 'beef' to resurrect a bit of the 90's...

https://twitter.com/BubsyThe_Bobcat/status/872958280523431936

18. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Aaron's probably just in shock and bewilderment like the rest of us. His first tweet linked above is hilarious.

19. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I'm surprised, and inexplicably happy about this. Now we know exactly what could Pawsibly go wrong. Bubsy getting revived, but hey, looks better than bubsy 3d. So it's off to a good start.

20. Turbohog

Turbohog

Now we just need all the right options to make a Bubsy OC in Sonic Forces